Options

Galleries with no photo's (except they have!) after thumbnail resize...

GloriousnseGloriousnse Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited March 19, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Hi folks, an issue for a new user here, so sorry in advance if i'm being dumb. :dunno

Site name is: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/TheHumbleBox
And i'm using IE7 at present (at work, so can't do anything about that!)

I've just been changing the thumbnails from square to rectangular. I used the tools>gallery>more>adjust thumbnails function in the gallery menu's.

I did try and do the change globally by changing the setting in gallery settings>multiple galleries and changing the thumbnails setting there, but that didn't seem to have an effect?

Anyhow, the process appears to have worked using the "adjust thumbnails" function and the images are all still there, still accessible and the thumbnails all changed over at gallery level. So far so good.

Going up to subcategory level and above it now says that the galleries are there but it says there are no photo's and isn't pulling through any of the thumbnails.

My impression of the fault was that it changed the thumbnails correctly and did initially feed the new thumbnails up the chain but within a couple of minutes (by the time I was doing the second to last one) they were dissapearing again.

I've done all the ones under The Humble Box category this morning and it seems to have affected them all.

I made the same changes in some other parts of the site yesterday and that *doesn't* seem to have had a problem though?

I've tried going into gallery settings, making sure the right subcategories/categories were set and saving but that doesn't seem to have sorted it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    NaturebiteNaturebite Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Empty Gallery - why?
    Hi, where are my thumbnail pics gone? - and galleries are not empty in my video gallery: http://www.naturebitephoto.net/Videos
    Home: www.talman.fi
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Hi Guys, we're checking into why the thumbnail images aren't showing - there's no problem with the galleries, and your photos are there (and safe). Sorrry for the hassle we'll get on it asap.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi Guys, we're checking into why the thumbnail images aren't showing - there's no problem with the galleries, and your photos are there (and safe). Sorrry for the hassle we'll get on it asap.

Is it something to do with old journal theme/style?
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Naturebite wrote: »
    Is it something to do with old journal theme/style?

No, I don't think so. We'll figure it out and fix things up, thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Thanks Andy. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NaturalEyeNaturalEye Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Gallery showing as empty on home page when not.
    I have a featured gallery called latest Images on my homepage (www.naturaleye.co.uk). I noticed today that this is showing as an empty galley. If you go into the gallery all of the images are present. The only thing different about this gallery is that it is a smart gallery. What have I done wrong?

Help!

Thanks

Gary
  • Options
    emilymarieemilymarie Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2011
    " gallery has no photos to display yet"
    I uploaded a gallery lastnight and emailed the link to my client with a password. When she signs in it says " this gallery has no photos to display yet" but when I sign in to my account all her images are there. Thoughts??
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    emilymarie wrote: »
    I uploaded a gallery lastnight and emailed the link to my client with a password. When she signs in it says " this gallery has no photos to display yet" but when I sign in to my account all her images are there. Thoughts??

Workin on it, stay tuned, and sorry for the hassle.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Galley is Showing up Empty
    I'm downloading photos today and after downloading into a Gallery it's showing up as an Empty Gallery. Photos are there tho :D

Will it return or do I need to do something? I tried refreshing it .. no good tho.

Example my Abstract only has one gallery in there so my main Category shows up on my main page as being empty. My other Category I've downloaded on has many galleries in there so the main page isn't showing up as empty yet, but the Galleries are showing up as empty.

Link to my main page .. Abstract is down on the left side --

Link to Galleries in a Category .. Some Galleries showing up empty.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got moved .. thanks rolleyes1.gif

Here's what I'm left with after downloading today.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Will it return or do I need to do something? I tried refreshing it .. no good tho.

they will return, promise thumb.gif Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Most are fixed now - and the rest will be fixed very soon - sorry for the hassle about the missing thumbnails!
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    I'd noticed some were back - many thanks to you and your team for your efforts. :)
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Thanks -- it's working thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2011
    Most are fixed now - and the rest will be fixed very soon - sorry for the hassle about the missing thumbnails!

Still waiting ---
    http://www.naturebitephoto.net/Videos

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2011

Now it is OK. Thanks. thumb.gif

Risto