5D mk ii shutter count software.

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited March 20, 2011 in Cameras
Hi all
Hope you all had a good Saint Patricks day and your heads are getting better. I looked on this forum but dont see a link to software to allow me to take a look at the actuation count on my camera. I tried the 40D software that i have but it didnt work.
Mabey someone could point me in the right direction?:scratch

Regards
Patrick

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited March 18, 2011
    For software questions you should always state what operating system(s) you use.

Since you mention the Canon 40D and having software that reads its shutter actuation count, I might think that you were using "40DShutterCount" by AsrtoJargon. That was available in both Windows and Mac versions.

AstroJargon did update the software to include more Canon models but it is for Windows only. I believe the reason is that they are utilizing genuine Canon DLL files which are Windows specific. The name of the new software is:

"EOSInfo" and it's available at:

http://www.astrojargon.net/files/misc/setupeosinfo.exe

From the site:

"The shutter count information is available *only* on Canon DIGIC III/IV DSLRs *except* the 1D* series. This means that EOSInfo will display the shutter counter for the 40D, the 50D, the 450D, 500D, and the 1000D. It will also show the shutter counter for the 5DMkII, but the camera must be power-cycled before the value is updated. The shutter counter will not be displayed (or will be displayed as "0") on the 1D*, 5D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 300D, 350D, and 400D."
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    I don't know from Canon, but is there any reason Opanda iExif 2 won't do the trick? Hard to beat FREE! I've used it for years for my Nikons. One caveat . . . you must shoot a jpeg to get a shutter count.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    Thanks for that. I will try it when i get back home. I am house sitting at the moment.

Regards
    Patrick:D
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Thanks for that ziggy53. I have 1839 shuttercounts and i was able to enter my name and address under copuright, artist and owner.
    I looed at the serial number for my camera and it is blank. Is this something i should be worried about?
    when i turn my 5dmk2 upside down i can see (Canon DS126210)
    Another number at the bottom of the camera reads No 2231300929.
    The camera was supposed to have been bought last year or so i was told by the last owner.
    Can anyone here help me with these numbers?
    Regards
    Patrick:D
  • billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Hmm, don't know what to say about the serial number issue, except "works for me". I have a 5D2, use EOSInfo, Windows 7, and no special setup. The serial number shown by the tool has 5 digits, starting with 29. I have a quick-release plate on the bottom of my camera, and too lazy to hunt down the allen wrench, so I can't tell if that matches anything on the camera.
    - Bill