Options

Dress code do you cross the line?

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited April 11, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi all
here is one for you. Dress code and what line not to pass.
Interesting subject. If you are contracted to do a black bow tie event does that mean you have to dress the same. Interesting or not there is a subject for you all to play with.

Regards
Patrick:D

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    TUX RENTAL IS CHEAP...so why not, you will pass it on to the client anyway.......I'd probably wear socks also......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    TEphotosTEphotos Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Hired for a black tie event.......... Yep I sure would dress the part :)
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    This is a hard call. It's taken me years to figure out how to dress appropriately and respectfully and still be comfortable. After all, we're not standing around with our pinkie fingers sticking out off of a martini glass - we're running from one end of the venue to another and need, first and foremost, comfortable shoes; second, free movement without equipment getting tangled up; third, not to be passing out from the heat.

I stick to a basic black, stylish but comfortable outfit - and like a Ninja, I'm invisible :D
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    I suppose you should blend in. What are the bartenders, waiters, etc. wearing. At a black tie event you are performing a service much like other service trades and ought to blend in and go as un-noticed as possible. If it was easy, they wouldn't pay you for it.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    HopeCopelandPhotogHopeCopelandPhotog Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2011
    I would go with either black pants and shirt if it's warm or a black shirt and black suit if it's going to be cool.
  • Options
    oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2011
    Thanks anyway. I think i will stick with a black spandix suit.lol

Thanks for all you replies. Yes this is a good question. Dress suitably for the occasion but be comfortable at the same time.

Regards
    Patrick.:D
  • Options
    DarkFaerieDarkFaerie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    For you men, it's a little easier, I am so not wearing a ball gown and heels.....
    -Nicole LaRivee Vecchi
    http://www.darkfaeriedesigns.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    No way would I be working in a Tux.
    Wear black nice clothes that you can work in.
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    TUX RENTAL IS CHEAP...so why not, you will pass it on to the client anyway.......I'd probably wear socks also......
    White ones? :D
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston