pre - Super Moon

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited March 22, 2011 in Landscapes
I wanted to practice before the real super moon since I've not seriously attempted a moon shot, but I want it over landscape. So - I used the handy dandy TPE that everyone suggested here. Works great - love it. Pick my location, got set up and wait and wait and wait. I wanted the moon as it was rising over the mountain. Well...of all times we have clouds in the surrounding Phoenix area. Grrr... So this is what I got. And, it certainly does not look 'super' but maybe tonight...though we have more clouds than yesterday. Suggestions appreciated - this is hard!

1221090924_xYnqv-XL.jpg

Comments

• shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    I wanted to practice before the real super moon since I've not seriously attempted a moon shot, but I want it over landscape. So - I used the handy dandy TPE that everyone suggested here. Works great - love it. Pick my location, got set up and wait and wait and wait. I wanted the moon as it was rising over the mountain. Well...of all times we have clouds in the surrounding Phoenix area. Grrr... So this is what I got. And, it certainly does not look 'super' but maybe tonight...though we have more
    clouds than yesterday. Suggestions appreciated - this is hard!

1221090924_xYnqv-XL.jpg
    So where did you end up shooting from? Looks like DC ranch area Scottsdale? I'm not sure if I'm going out for the moon tonight. good luck with "Shooting the Moon".
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    But I like the clouds! Nice Job.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    shawnc wrote: »
    So where did you end up shooting from? Looks like DC ranch area Scottsdale? I'm not sure if I'm going out for the moon tonight. good luck with "Shooting the Moon".

This was taken north of Phoenix. It is rare to have clouds here...naturally they roll in durung the super moon.eek7.gif
    edited March 19, 2011
    TreyHoff wrote: »
    But I like the clouds! Nice Job.

Thanks for the nice words. At least the practice is fun!:D
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Saw that myself tonight but didn't have my camera on this trip. Nice capture, the clouds add mystery.
    edited March 20, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Saw that myself tonight but didn't have my camera on this trip. Nice capture, the clouds add mystery.

Thank you,,,, i like mystery but would have really like less clouds!
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Lovely composition.
    Did you get any of the supermoon or did the clouds thicken?
    edited March 21, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Lovely composition.
    Did you get any of the supermoon or did the clouds thicken?

Bleh...no...this is what I saw most of the time; it was just too cloudy and hazy.

1223531576_Xmeds-L.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    Bleh...no...this is what I saw most of the time; it was just too cloudy and hazy.

1223531576_Xmeds-S.jpg

I REALLY love this one!