Arianna

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 21, 2011 in People
Just a quick portrait I did for her. One light and reflector.

1221349263_ZxsaZ-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Subtle...and very nice!
    tom wise
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Lovely portrait. Only suggestion would be to bring down the exposure on the shoulder. The white shirt draws the eye away from her face a bit. You could have flagged it off or feathered the light up. Or, a quick gradient mask in LR would take care of it.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Just lovely. I always like the softness your images have. Really great style.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    The lighting on her face is perfect. Nicely done. I agree that a bit of burning around the shoulder would enhance this portrait.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Wow. So nice. White blouses are so hard to deal with in a low-key image aren't they.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Pretty shot. Good job with the light. You captured a very natural looking smile from her. Very pretty young lady.

For me the angle is to much from above and from the side. Also she is slouching quite a bit.
    Just a suggestion, crop just into the top of her head and take 1/3 of the shoulder off the bottom, then just a tiny bit off the left. Take off that white dot under her photo right eye, or at least tone it down.

It is fine as is, just some nits to give you something to play with :).
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    This is beautiful Alex, and the light is indeed gorgeous (care to share a diagram, distances etc?)

I'd like to see a tad off the top - the black bg at the top seems redundant since the crop at the bottom runs the full width of the shot and fills the frame from the neck down.

Really nice! thumb.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    Thanks all. This pretty young lady is big sister to Keanu, the newborn I posted the other day. In between shots of Keanu, Arianna sat down and ask if I could take a photo of her.

She was sitting on an ottoman style bench. I had my AB400 on a normal light stand, about 4 feet high and just outside the frame to her right, at about 45 degrees. The AB400 had a 43" umbrella in bounce position. My wife held a large 42" round reflector for fill. The center of the reflector was slightly below her eye level and position just slightly to camera right and within a foot or so of the subject. .

I agree on the suggestions for the crop. However, I left room all the way around because I don't know how her mother is going to mount it. Someone mentioned the slouching... what is it with kids and slouching. I immediately noticed the slouch and ask her to arch her back and that's the best I got. I also agree that white shirts suck.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site