1800-2.jpg

2800-2.jpg

3800-2.jpg

8800.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Really nice. I love the first 3. I'm using the Sigma 150 also and love it.

What ISO are you shooting at if I may ask? You seem to be getting much better depth of field. I was having trouble keeping focus when going above about f10 at 1/320 & ISO 400. (due to the longer flash output) Yes, I can up my ISO and crank it to f22, but I'm getting more noise than I'd like.

Question 2 for you... how the heck are you setting up the drops for collisions?

Anyway, incredible job. thumb.gif

-Rob
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    VERY NICE. I have tried and tried and tried and I have yet to be able to catch the collisions like this.
    All of my collision shots end up "blobs / mushroom" type. Please share your technique, if you don't mind.

#3 is my favorite!
    Duke
  • Options
    DeVilDeVil Registered Users Posts: 1,037 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Thanks Rob, Duke :)

I wrote here about setup http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=176297
    It is very difficult to catch the right moment of collision without Triger for High speed photography http://www.cognisys-inc.com/stopshot/stopshot.php but it is possible with a lot of effort.

Other settings ISO 400, f/11, 1/30. Better depth of field is achieved by distancing lens from droplets (but then you lose blur background).
  • Options
    Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    DeVil wrote: »
    Better depth of field is achieved by distancing lens from droplets (but then you lose blur background).

Ah... makes sense. I hate to crop that much, but these things do upscale nicely in Photoshop if needed.

Thanks so much for the explanation. I may have a go at collisions one of these days. That requires a little more effort than my simple dripping faucet, and even more patience. :D

Thanks again, and great work.
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2011
    The collision splash is larger than splash made by ordinary drops so you don't have to make big crop.

Thanks again :)
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited March 22, 2011
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2011
    Thanks Phil :)