Options

Nikon 85 f/1.8 Take Two!

PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
edited March 20, 2011 in Cameras
Information about my first run of problems with the lens are in this thread.

I took Helen up on her offer to help (sent her an e-mail). Very quickly someone from Adorama gave me a call. I returned the lens for the price I paid, plus they even refunded my shipping charges because there was a problem with the lens.

Since I'd bought it used, and he didn't have a replacement in the same condition, he could only offer me a more expensive version of the lens. Adorama did give me $10 off which, while not much, was an appreciated concession for the hassle.

The new lens arrived today, so I took my son out to a local park. At first I thought this lens was just as bad. The first few pictures I took were not at all sharp. Then I moved the camera out of A mode and shot full manual. The pictures numbered 76-90 in the gallery below were all taken today, with the 85 on full manual. They aren't all tack sharp, but they're sharp enough for me to know that the lens is fine and now I've just got to learn how to use it well.

Here's the gallery: http://www.paulsclicks.com/Kids/2011/15347460_po62K#1221628958_hzMt5

And here's a sample:
1221630335_dwrAp-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,905 moderator
    edited March 19, 2011
    Some of those images do have a nice "pop" to them. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Pupator wrote: »
    And here's a sample:
    1221630335_dwrAp-L.jpg

Nice self portrait. blbl.gif
  • Options
    HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Pupator wrote: »

I took Helen up on her offer to help (sent her an e-mail). Very quickly someone from Adorama gave me a call. I returned the lens for the price I paid, plus they even refunded my shipping charges because there was a problem with the lens.

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you!
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com