Options

#72 C&C Moons and Spring Dawns

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited March 21, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Like a few of you, I was waiting for this weekend's moon event in hopes of finding a good "above" shot. This morning's sunrise, in opposition to the Super Moon setting, may have given me some above/under shots.

Which one is your fave?

1)
1222585747_DT4Xg-L.jpg

2)
1222586397_4whWy-XL.jpg

3)
1222587296_4YiQ6-L.jpg

4)
1222588835_QziRg-L.jpg

5)
1222591112_gkWCF-L.jpg

6)
1222593124_ibDQz-L.jpg

This next shot has nothing to do with the challenge, unless of course, I can come up with a silly make-it-fit title like "Above and Under the Belt Line," but with this sandwich I won the local Grilled Cheese Invitational this weekend, and I'm quite proud of it. (In case you're wondering, it's cinnamon bread, dulce de leche, vanilla bean mascarpone cheese, blackberry jam, a drizzle of cognac'ed dulce de leche and blackberry coulis, and finished with some flakes of Maldon sea salt...all but the latter being homemade).

1222598099_pGNAU-L.jpg

Thanks,

Greg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Wow! Multi-talented are we?

Of your moon shots, I like #2 the best, its very calming.. and then #1 love the echo of the moons color in the window

Congrats on your win for the local Grilled Cheese Invitational, it looks delicious!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,197 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I like #3 & 4. The sandwich looks pretty yummy, too. Who knew grilled cheese could look so good?!

Sherry
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I have to agree. I like #2 as well. My only suggestion would be to maybe crop some of the top.

And congrats on your win. That's a heck of a grilled cheese!
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    Very nice shots and like 3 and 4 and also like grilled cheese... just in case you wondering :)
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    We NEED to find the right title for the sammich!! YUMMY! Your moon shots are awesome, too...
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I like #1 . . . and #7 thumb.gif

I can picture the family going about their evening chores and duties without any idea of the beautiful sight on the horizon. clap.gif
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2011
    I'm partial to #4 and I'll take one of those sammies IN MAH BELLAH!
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    you are just dang cruel. it is about dinner time here, and looking at your concoction is tormenting as i wait for my supper. so obviously, my hunger vote goes to #7. of the non-consumable shots, i favor #2. very nice shot with serene lighting and good detail on the moon. i agree about maybe cropping a little off the top.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    rteest42 wrote: »
    We NEED to find the right title for the sammich!! YUMMY! Your moon shots are awesome, too...

I called it Sweet Cheesus.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    omg...that looks GOOO-OOOD!
    I like the moon shot #1.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2011
    I really like the first 3, with #2 being my fav - gorgeous!

And I think I just gained 5 pounds from looking at that phenomenal grilled cheese. I would never have guessed that it's a grilled cheese - lots fancier & looks much tastier than any grilled cheese I've ever seen - absolutely amazing!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,950 moderator
    edited March 21, 2011
    Also like #2 and the yummy looking cheese creation!