CH48.....illuminations

SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
edited October 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
All taken 27th September Iso 200 f/2.8 at 1 second Fuji S7000 Shutter Priority. No editing/straight from the camera:
lightpad2.jpg

lightpad3.jpg

or this one which is in the challenge thread so far:
lightpadd.jpg
minor colour/contrast adjusted.

would appreciate your comments good or bad......

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2005
    Though all three are good, I really love the one you have put on the thread. thumb.gif But I have to confess I'm not sure what you took a picture of. Looks like a part of a phone. But what is it really? And how did you get the neat effect?

Va

Email
  • fishlipsfishlips Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    those are really cool. i like them all but, #3 is particularly interesting. i think i'm into tight shots.

really nice.
    phil

my pictures live here. well, eventually they all will.
  • andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    Very cool idea.

I take it you were either moving the camera during the exposure, or zooming to get the trails?

I am going to go home and give this a try tonight, the blue backlight on the keypad definitely suits the image well
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Though all three are good, I really love the one you have put on the thread. thumb.gif But I have to confess I'm not sure what you took a picture of. Looks like a part of a phone. But what is it really? And how did you get the neat effect?

Va

Hi, thanks for the comment (and those from others).
    This is a mobile/cell phone keypad when illuminated. I set the shutter to 1 sec and pulled away from the phones keypad to try and get that pulled zoom effect.
    I was struggling to think of anything to do for the challenge bar a candid shot but then remembered a photo I had seen lately where the taker had pulled the zoom on some neon street lights. As I can't alter the zoom on my camera in mid shot, I had to slowly lift the camera away as I released the shutter.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    I like these. #3 is my personal favorite because the telephone is emphasized.

I'm surprised that nobody has taken any shots yet with their cellphones illuminating something or someone. This seems like a natural.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    Thanx for the explanation, Darren. Neat idea, well executed. You must have pretty steady hands! :D Good luck in the challenge, by the way.

Va

Email
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    These are very cool shots! thumb.gif

Erich
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2005
    I like it. I'd go with #3.
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    I really like what you did here. I assumed you used a zoom but you did it the hard way good job, really good job.clap.gif
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2005
    cheers people beer.gif:D