Different

fox_3dfox_3d Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 22, 2011 in People
Hello :)

It is my first picture here, I'm ready for C&C :D
This was pretty much an experiment, to check how my new lighting works.
Personally, I'm happy how it turn up, on top i have added color grading (Just hope its not too much).

thanks
fox

marta0009.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    I do like your sense of experimentation but I'm not liking the skin tones here. Did you add a gradient?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    Very cool, looks like fun, I like the look of it, my nit is the pose..the view up the nostrils is a bit distracting, two black holes on her face. But I like everything else, her eye(s) is very pretty with this effect.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • fox_3dfox_3d Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2011
    reyvee61 -skin tones, i have notice that colors look different on each screen. obviously i push them too far.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    I just calibrated my display the other day and I have to admit I'm not liking any of my previous work now that I've done that. It's not just the color profile that is more accurate but also the gray-scale luminance...
    It's driving me nuts because I can now see lines in gradients where they were not visible before.

Check this out for more on calibration:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/monitor_sensitivity.html

Because of this I see splotches of white and yellow all over her face
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • fox_3dfox_3d Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2011
    thanks for the link, i have totally forget that you can calibrate monitor :) at work I have proper IPS screen which is made for calibrating.
    all non IPS screens never can be properly calibrated. but for sure you can set them closer to correct values.

you would think that SRGB suppose to be a standard, but it looks different on every screen :)

cheers
    fox