Another Senior Shoot!

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited March 23, 2011 in People
So I got the opportunity to do the senior portraits for my wife's cousin. The weather was great until I got to her house and the sun went away after that and it got windy. This is only my second senior shoot so lemme have it! I wanna learn more so people help me out here! Thanks in advance for your time!

Panoramalogo.jpg

_DSC0181edlogo.jpg

_DSC0134logo.jpg

_DSC0102edlogo.jpg

_DSC0084edlogo.jpg

_DSC0007edlogo.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    I am a fan of wide panoramic stuff so I'm happy to see the first one as it is....Really large prints are perfect for this type of stuff.
    You have some really nice shots overall and I'd have to say that three and six are my faves.
    My overall nit though is with her skin tones.....I would back off the red and orange saturation levels considerably.
    Nice poses and compositions
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    My overall nit though is with her skin tones.....I would back off the red and orange saturation levels considerably.
    15524779-Ti.gif

Look at #4. The difference in skin tones on her face and chest, compared with her hand, is startling.
    Other than that, these are really nice. You really show a very friendly, attractive young woman.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited March 22, 2011
    Hope you don't mind....

Backed off the saturation:

1225142076_Pequw-L.jpg
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    nice stuff..I have to day this is best I have ever seen from you.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    I am a fan of wide panoramic stuff so I'm happy to see the first one as it is....Really large prints are perfect for this type of stuff.
    You have some really nice shots overall and I'd have to say that three and six are my faves.
    Nice poses and compositions

Thanks for the comments! I agree with you on the orange and red. I guess I never noticed it until it was pointed out. Did you make those adjustments in lightroom? Ya the panoramic was something I thought up and never have really seen in portrait work. I think it works ok! Once again thanks for your comments and I am just glad someone actually liked them!
    edited March 22, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Look at #4. The difference in skin tones on her face and chest, compared with her hand, is startling.
    Other than that, these are really nice. You really show a very friendly, attractive young woman.

Ya I noticed that too. I guess im not sure how to fix it. Should I do a hue/saturation layer with a mask and just adjust the over saturated parts?
    edited March 22, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    nice stuff..I have to day this is best I have ever seen from you.

Qarik coming from you makes me really happy. I have been doing a lot of practicing and studying poses and such and I think it really came out in these pics. Im really stoked to see you liked them!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    Ya I noticed that too. I guess im not sure how to fix it. Should I do a hue/saturation layer with a mask and just adjust the over saturated parts?
    That sounds like a plan. It's probably what I'd do, so maybe you should rethinkrolleyes1.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited March 22, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    That sounds like a plan. It's probably what I'd do, so maybe you should rethinkrolleyes1.gif

haha well Ill go through and do it that way then. I guess great minds think alike.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2011
    Love the pano! I'm going to "steal" the idea. Well done.
    edited March 23, 2011
    Thanks for the comments! I agree with you on the orange and red. I guess I never noticed it until it was pointed out. Did you make those adjustments in lightroom? Ya the panoramic was something I thought up and never have really seen in portrait work. I think it works ok! Once again thanks for your comments and I am just glad someone actually liked them!

Your compositions are great and your model lovely!
    Yes I used LR to back off on just orange and red in HSL
    This mostly only effects the skin tones unless there are other colors similar in hue in the image of course.

I notice a lot of artists are using panoramas for wedding photography these days.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited March 23, 2011
    Your compositions are great and your model lovely!
    Yes I used LR to back off on just orange and red in HSL
    This mostly only effects the skin tones unless there are other colors similar in hue in the image of course.

I notice a lot of artists are using panoramas for wedding photography these days.

Ya friend of mine uses panoramic images for a lot of his books. I will take these into LR and make the adjustments there. I noticed it even more on some images I didnt post. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on my images!