Singing Group Promotional photoshoot

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited March 27, 2011 in People
I was asked by friends who run a music centre (music lesons, recording, performance etc.) to do a photoshoot to help them promote a group they have got together. I am the second photographer (used loosely, I have a camera! ;) ) to be asked.
The brief - make the girls look a little sexy, make it NOT look like they are at a wedding they don't want to be at, and portray a little sadness in some shots, as the song is quite sad in parts.
So, here's my first approximation. The group is called "Racial Harmony", by the way.
Any thoughts would be well appreciated.
5551673234_1f76ef66a8_z.jpg
Racial Harmony 1 a square black border by Bend The Light, on Flickr

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    I do like everything you have done here but I feel like you should have asked them to relax a little as they look a little stiff....
    I learned something about posing that was very helpful at our last Smug Meet and that is to have your subjects or models think about something other than what they are doing. The person instructing the model asked her to count backwards from 100 to 1 in her mind. Surprisingly this simple technique worked wonders for loosening the model up and getting more relaxed natural shots....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I do like everything you have done here but I feel like you should have asked them to relax a little as they look a little stiff....
    I learned something about posing that was very helpful at our last Smug Meet and that is to have your subjects or models think about something other than what they are doing. The person instructing the model asked her to count backwards from 100 to 1 in her mind. Surprisingly this simple technique worked wonders for loosening the model up and getting more relaxed natural shots....

Yes, we were all a little nervous...a new venture for all of us, even me. Thanks for the idea...later on we did get a little more relaxed, and I have a few nice candid shots when they forgot I was there...

Next time will be better. :)
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    An understandable bit indeed :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited March 23, 2011
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    An understandable bit indeed :D

I hope the people who asked for the shots like it - it could lead to more shots, and then another chance for us to become more comfortable with each other for the shoot. Fingers Crossed...I sent them a sample.
    edited March 25, 2011
    Well, I heard back...they like this shot...

5556155851_87b1ca6228_z.jpg
    Racial Harmony square cd by Bend The Light, on Flickr

A few more like this and we're sorted. :)
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Oh yeah! Now yer cookin'.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited March 27, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    Oh yeah! Now yer cookin'.

Thanks. :)

A slight adjustment...what do you think to this?

5558765316_d67b30d31d_z.jpg
    Racial Harmony square cd score by Bend The Light, on Flickr