All my photos are showing as blank frames

steheapsteheap Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 23, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Is there an issue with the site? My home page loads, but all the galleries simply show black frames where the images normally are. Clicking on a photo brings up a page that constantly says "loading..."

This occurs with different browsers, not just Firefox

Steve

Comments

• steheapsteheap Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2011
    Site not showing images
    I have a site at backyardimage.com which has worked fine for a year or so. Today, all the images are showing as blank frames. Clicking on an image shows the larger frame in gray. All my folders have the same issue. Problem occurs in Firefox and Chrome.

Steve
  • TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    steheap wrote: »
    I have a site at backyardimage.com which has worked fine for a year or so. Today, all the images are showing as blank frames. Clicking on an image shows the larger frame in gray. All my folders have the same issue. Problem occurs in Firefox and Chrome.

Steve

Hi Steve,

We actually changed the way our domains worked a little while back and just release something today that would make the domain not work properly today to enforce the change. If you want, I can check your domain registrar and get you all set up do everything works properly again. If you would like me to do that, send me a PM with:

* your smugmug nickname or a link to it (not the custom hostname)
    * your domain host name (who is your domain registrar)
    * your custom domain (some users have multiples so I need to know which to work on)
    * the login id at the domain host
    * the domain host password (I do not need your SmugMug login)

I'm sure it will be a pretty quick fix. :-)

-Kevin Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Link to your site please?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • EBlinkPhotoEBlinkPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Mine as well
    My smugmug link
    I have a help request in as of 04:47 pm (MDT)
    Android Smugfolio has an API issue as well.
  • TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    Link to your site please?

Jfriend,

It looks like a CNAME issue according to a dig. The A Record is set, but the CNAME is not properly pointed to domains.smugmug.com . Surely it will take just a few minutes to get taken care of.

Kevin
  • LinhLinh Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    I'm noticing issues, too. I have an A record pointing. The reason I don't have a cname is because my mail hosting is w/ google. Earlier, I realized I was not getting emails from this forum, or from within the smugmug system. Turns out having the CNAME setup screwed up my mail.

Is there anything I should be doing, or should I shoot the email helpdesk?
    vote on the following smugmug feedback:
    CSS Block To Flow Down To Children Folders/Pages/Galleries
    [URL="http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/1104583-a-bulk-
    gallery-download-button-for-my-visitors"]bulk download option for clients[/URL]
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Linh wrote: »
    I'm noticing issues to. I have an A record pointing. The reason I don't have a cname is because my mail hosting is w/ google. Earlier, I realized I was not getting emails from this forum, or from within the smugmug system. Turns out having the CNAME setup screwed up my mail.

Is there anything I should be doing, or should I shoot the email helpdesk?

Email our help desk our Domain experts will get you fixed up.