Cholla Garden Sunrise

czhike88czhike88 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited March 24, 2011 in Landscapes
Here is an hdr image made from shots I took at Cholla Garden in Joshua Tree Park

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 23, 2011
    This is a really sweet shot. I have a thing for backlit chollas anyhow, but to combine with the sunrise so they're back-lit red like this is just brilliant. Comp is spot on, and you nailed the HDR range nicely. Bravo!

Oh, and welcome to Dgrin! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. thumb.gif

-joel
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    This is a really sweet shot. I have a thing for backlit chollas anyhow, but to combine with the sunrise so they're back-lit red like this is just brilliant. Comp is spot on, and you nailed the HDR range nicely. Bravo!

Oh, and welcome to Dgrin! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. thumb.gif

-joel

Exactly, what Joel said clap.gif
  • drdoakdrdoak Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Fantastic use of HDR for a natural looking shot, beautiful sun burst.

Such a peaceful shot... It belies the evil that is cholla ;). I've been in Joshua Tree when high winds were launching little bits and pieces of jumping cactus into the sky. This looks much more gentle!
    ...and the river flows through our souls...
    www.chrislindbergphotography.com
  • a110p0a110p0 Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    This is awesome. Bravo.
    Alvin
    Alvin
    Fremont, CA
    SmugMug Gallery
  • czhike88czhike88 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    Thank you for the comments. I've been learning some good stuff from the critiques at Muench University and enjoyed checking out the photography in this forum. Great website.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2011
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Exactly, what Joel said clap.gif
    kdog wrote: »

-joel

15524779-Ti.gif superb cholla
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • czhike88czhike88 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Another Cholla Garden Image
    Here is a hdr image made from a series of shots I took just before sunrise: