Options

Happy 90!

NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited March 31, 2011 in Street and Documentary
So this is more "people" than "street," but I captured people not posing. Does this count? :-)

The occasion: my grandmother turned 90 and her children threw her a party. Some of the joy...

1214637864_HbZ6x-L.jpg

1214638582_Q3jSv-L.jpg

1214642916_nnPLb-L.jpg

1214645804_4ka8o-L.jpg

1214647726_L2CJM-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Congratulations and a belated "Happy Birthday" to your Grandma :D

My Mom just turned 80 .. haven't even started editing the photos yet.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    It looks like a happy, warm, loving celebration!!

Thanks for sharing.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2011
    Thanks, Dogdots. Hope to see a few of yours if you're willing to share!

Virginia, you hit it on the head. It was a very fun, warm and intimate celebration. It was a fairly small group, but I've always thought that made it easier to chat with people.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Thanks, Dogdots. Hope to see a few of yours if you're willing to share!

Virginia, you hit it on the head. It was a very fun, warm and intimate celebration. It was a fairly small group, but I've always thought that made it easier to chat with people.

Hi there.
    These are my favorite kind of shots, capturing those special moments.
    I know these will be treasured down the road.

I do have to wonder what they would have looked like in B&W. I'm not asking you to post them necessarily but to think about it. The color looks a little blah to me and I think b&w could seriously improve them, nevertheless, the shots will be special in either b&w or color.

Thank you for sharing.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    So this is more "people" than "street," but I captured people not posing. Does this count? :-)

The occasion: my grandmother turned 90 and her children threw her a party. Some of the joy...

I've long argued that this forum should be called "Reality" or "The Real World," rather than Street and PJ - so you've got me. Wonderful warm moments.

And I'm about to do something similar - on April 9 i'm spending the day and evening at a family's celebration of grandma/greatgrandma's 95th (!) - I shot the 90th for them - a two-day all-grandma-all-the-time orgy that included a subway ride trip to the circus, shopping for "the girls," a pizza lunch, time in a ceramic studio, and an evening party, five years ago.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2011
    Hi there.
    These are my favorite kind of shots, capturing those special moments.
    I know these will be treasured down the road.

I do have to wonder what they would have looked like in B&W. I'm not asking you to post them necessarily but to think about it. The color looks a little blah to me and I think b&w could seriously improve them, nevertheless, the shots will be special in either b&w or color.

Thank you for sharing.
    Hi Liz! Thanks for the feedback. I tried to convert one or two of them to B&W, didn't like how they turned out. For instance, #1, I had a hard time getting my grandmother's overcoat thing to stand out from the blinds in the background. When I have time to play more, I'll give it a go. And they definitely need some noise. ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    I've long argued that this forum should be called "Reality" or "The Real World," rather than Street and PJ - so you've got me. Wonderful warm moments.

And I'm about to do something similar - on April 9 i'm spending the day and evening at a family's celebration of grandma/greatgrandma's 95th (!) - I shot the 90th for them - a two-day all-grandma-all-the-time orgy that included a subway ride trip to the circus, shopping for "the girls," a pizza lunch, time in a ceramic studio, and an evening party, five years ago.

Thanks for the input, BD. Though I could have gone without the visual you just gave me. :lol And thank you for sharing the shots you took of the 90th. Gives me some ideas to try, God willing, at her 95th birthday party.
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2011
    Here's a quick "slop-n-go" B&W conversion with a little noise for, well, because. :)

1235477889_agBCL-L.jpg

1235478595_QeEvF-L.jpg

1235478834_ywUrk-L.jpg

1235495129_hRy2b-L.jpg