color:

1227721282_U3Phr-XL.jpg

B&W:

1227721326_GBMJA-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Love the image, specially the color one. I don't think it's fair to a red ferrari to hide it's color. :) Now my only recommendation is some radial blur on the wheels. Somethin to show some motion. Just my 2 cents. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Aspecto5 wrote: »
    Love the image, specially the color one. I don't think it's fair to a red ferrari to hide it's color. :) Now my only recommendation is some radial blur on the wheels. Somethin to show some motion. Just my 2 cents. :B

Yeah, I do like the color, but there's also something about the b&w that's appealing. I'll try the radial blur and see how it looks. :D
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2011
    Definitely needs some sense of motion to fit the theme IMHO
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2011
    Here's a quick radial blur...

ne_nau.gif

1227750791_cnstG-XL.jpg
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I'm thinking that since if you say "Ferrari red" in a situation not talking about cars, people can still picture the color you're talking about, its almost essential to keep the color in it.
    Also, in the reposted image, to me at least, the second I looked at it I didn't think "those wheels are spinning," I thought "those wheels look photoshopped." Do you have a driver you can trust to do a real burn out in that car and still get a close up photo of it? I think it would be sick if we could see some smoke coming off the tires (but I believe that car is RWD so that complicates the angle of the photo). And maybe in a different setting, since with the limited information, that looks like a tiled floor, like in a showroom. It would 'rush' more if it looked like it was on a road. Even if it's just in a closed parking lot, I think the look of actual asphalt underneath would help.
    They might not be possibilities (hell, I don't even have the possibility of standing next to a Ferrari) but if you could get any of those aspects in the photo I think it would be a benefit.
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2011
    I'm thinking that since if you say "Ferrari red" in a situation not talking about cars, people can still picture the color you're talking about, its almost essential to keep the color in it.
    Also, in the reposted image, to me at least, the second I looked at it I didn't think "those wheels are spinning," I thought "those wheels look photoshopped." Do you have a driver you can trust to do a real burn out in that car and still get a close up photo of it? I think it would be sick if we could see some smoke coming off the tires (but I believe that car is RWD so that complicates the angle of the photo). And maybe in a different setting, since with the limited information, that looks like a tiled floor, like in a showroom. It would 'rush' more if it looked like it was on a road. Even if it's just in a closed parking lot, I think the look of actual asphalt underneath would help.
    They might not be possibilities (hell, I don't even have the possibility of standing next to a Ferrari) but if you could get any of those aspects in the photo I think it would be a benefit.

Yeah...I agree. However, I don't think I have enough to put a security deposit down to take it out for a test drive. rolleyes1.gif

I do agree about the photoshopped looked though. It was just a quick edit. I might be able to work it more. I was hoping that just seeing a Ferrari and the title would say "Rush!".
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    Beautiful car! And beautifully presented.
    I'd place my vote for color as well. It MUST be red. Laughing.gif. I also agree the 'spinning' wheels don't play in that environment.
    Also, I get a bit distracted by the skylight cutting across the headlight.
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I like the color as well, the red really pops and the PS on the wheels also look a tad too PS.... take it for a test drive and get your photo then, maybe with the red white and blues in the rear view.... then you can change it to.... 'What's the RUSH?' :)
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....