Options

Ultra wide recommendation? Sigma 10-20mm

robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
edited September 28, 2005 in Cameras
Hi,

After purchasing a Peleng 8mm I'm really enjoying taking very wide angle shots. The problem with the Peleng is the overall image quality and manual focusing. Since the lens is not very fast, getting a decent focus is pretty hard. Now I'm considering buying the Sigma 10-20mm, works with my 10D and will just have enough wide angle without the circular cropping.

Any recommendations about this lens? I can't use the EF-S 10-22mm with my 10D. I was also looking at the Sigma 8mm fisheye but for the extereme use my Peleng will be good enough. :D

Thanks,
Rob
Enjoying photography since 1980.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2005
    Hi,

After purchasing a Peleng 8mm I'm really enjoying taking very wide angle shots. The problem with the Peleng is the overall image quality and manual focusing. Since the lens is not very fast, getting a decent focus is pretty hard. Now I'm considering buying the Sigma 10-20mm, works with my 10D and will just have enough wide angle without the circular cropping.

Any recommendations about this lens? I can't use the EF-S 10-22mm with my 10D. I was also looking at the Sigma 8mm fisheye but for the extereme use my Peleng will be good enough. :D

Thanks,
    Rob
    I'm very happy with the Sigma 12-24mm with my 10D, particularly in the knowledge it is compatible with every EOS body, not just some.