Lyme Hall - Cheshire, UK (C&C welcome!)

Jago-ViGJago-ViG Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited March 25, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi all,

I was down at Lyme Park a few weeks ago and took a few pictures. I wanted an HDR one of the hall. Wanted to give it that painting effect without going crazy.

Let me know what you think - if I went too far or not - I personally like it but I know some are not over-processed HDR fans!

5513808296_1493c15f20_b.jpg

Comments

• senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    Very nice touch with the HDR, I think the balance is spot on.
    Jay
  • Jago-ViGJago-ViG Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    Very nice touch with the HDR, I think the balance is spot on.

Thank you!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I think you nailed the effect that you were going for and created a beautiful image. The only adjustment that I can think of is maybe darkening and boosting the saturation of the foreground bushes a little. They colors are a little washed out and the brightness of plants to the right compete with the main subject of the building. Just minor tweaks. I would also really like to see a version of this processed with a little less HDRish look to the building. Something less painterly than you were attempting but it would be interesting to see it more natural.
  • Jago-ViGJago-ViG Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    Thanks Travis. I'll definitely try darkening those bushes a bit so that they don't take attention away from the main focus point.

I don't have the original from work here but here is the same shot with a B&W treatment - no HDR on this at all but high contrast:

5513216603_e603e601b9_b.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    I saw this and thought instantly, "Hey, it's Pemberley!" lol3.gif

Gorgeous place and I like both versions of how you captured it.