1229705733_5YNnP-L.jpg

1229697818_FLvDz-L.jpg

1229698472_EqtuM-L.jpg

5. WOO HOO got a smile :)
1229697582_JLtpU-L.jpg

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    I really like these but it seems, for me, that they lack some punch. I raised the black point up on this one abit to see if you like the result. Hope you don't mind my tinkering. You have a really nice lighting pattern on the face and that is what we all strive to get. On 1-2&4 you have the broad side of the face in shadow and you can see the Rembrandt lighting pattern there. Good work. But the MOST important fact is that these are all VERY saleable!!
    1230021515_rnZD9-L.jpg
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I really like these but it seems, for me, that they lack some punch. I raised the black point up on this one abit to see if you like the result. Hope you don't mind my tinkering. You have a really nice lighting pattern on the face and that is what we all strive to get. On 1-2&4 you have the broad side of the face in shadow and you can see the Rembrandt lighting pattern there. Good work. But the MOST important fact is that these are all VERY saleable!!

I disagree - about punching the blacks. I liked the original, it's timeless. 40 years from now his kids will appreciate that picture. The editing, the pose, all of it. Nothing about it says "trendy" (well, maybe the editing, but since you have the original, you can always re-tweak :) I find that the punched black version makes you lose detail in his face, which is the sweetest part. I agree with punching the blacks, just not on babies. Seniors, yes, adults, yes but not babies. I primarily shoot babies and it doesn't always work, my level is rarely above 7. Just my $.02

And don't worry about image overload, if I had a little one, I'd be taking pictures of them everyday (and likely posting them everywhere). We adopted a dog a few weeks ago and my Facebook is Chanter overkill, I couldn't imagine how snap crazy I'd be with a newborn :D

Those shots are beautiful - get them printed, don't let them sit on your hard drive. Even if you never hang them, at least get them printed. I only have a handful of shots of my child growing up that are actually printed. Now that I have a DSLR, we've done a lot more but still not as many as I would have liked.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    made me smile! thanks!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »

thanks Hackbone.. i don't mind the tinkering at all. I am not digging the black point edit, but that's just me, I am with l.k. on this and babies, I like a softer look. i DO however greatly appreciate your input!

I disagree - about punching the blacks. I liked the original, it's timeless. 40 years from now his kids will appreciate that picture. The editing, the pose, all of it. Nothing about it says "trendy" (well, maybe the editing, but since you have the original, you can always re-tweak :) I find that the punched black version makes you lose detail in his face, which is the sweetest part. I agree with punching the blacks, just not on babies. Seniors, yes, adults, yes but not babies. I primarily shoot babies and it doesn't always work, my level is rarely above 7. Just my $.02

And don't worry about image overload, if I had a little one, I'd be taking pictures of them everyday (and likely posting them everywhere). We adopted a dog a few weeks ago and my Facebook is Chanter overkill, I couldn't imagine how snap crazy I'd be with a newborn :D

Those shots are beautiful - get them printed, don't let them sit on your hard drive. Even if you never hang them, at least get them printed. I only have a handful of shots of my child growing up that are actually printed. Now that I have a DSLR, we've done a lot more but still not as many as I would have liked.

Thank you so much l.k...iloveyou.gif I am so guilty of not printing. ever.
    Maybe i'll send this set off today. they are some of my favorites!

(btw clicking on your facebook links gives me a invalid page?)
    Qarik wrote: »
    made me smile! thanks!
    YW :)