Options

BROKEN: customize gallery keywords

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited September 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
When you specify quotes (") in the keywords field, the system does save it; however, when you go back to customize gallery the keywords are no longer listed there. If you do not specify quotes ("), the problem does not occur.

NOTE: I was told to use commas (,) to seperate keyword phrases instead of quoting them.

Maybe the smugmug programmers can do a server-side code to change all phrases delimited by quotes into commas.

Thanks.
-- John.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    jchin wrote:
    When you specify quotes (") in the keywords field, the system does save it; however, when you go back to customize gallery the keywords are no longer listed there. If you do not specify quotes ("), the problem does not occur.

NOTE: I was told to use commas (,) to seperate keyword phrases instead of quoting them.

Maybe the smugmug programmers can do a server-side code to change all phrases delimited by quotes into commas.

Thanks.
    -- John.

Oh wow, talk about a quiet bug. Thanks for the heads up..I'm going back through and fixing a few of my galleries that were affected by this.

edit: A quick test shows that keywords listed before the quotes are unaffected.

edit2: So, does this mean that in a gallery's keywords field we should separate all keywords by commas? -> keyword1, keyword2, dual-word keyword3, keyword4,...
    In the photo keyword field it's still ok to separate them with spaces, right? -> keyword1 keyword2 "dual-word keyword3" keyword4...
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    asd wrote:
    So, does this mean that in a gallery's keywords field we should separate all keywords by commas? -> keyword1, keyword2, dual-word keyword3, keyword4,...
    In the photo keyword field it's still ok to separate them with spaces, right? -> keyword1 keyword2 "dual-word keyword3" keyword4...
    YES ... I believe that seperation with commas (,) is the correct syntax. I was looking at other sites that have META tags and they use commas also.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    jchin wrote:

Thanks.
    -- John.
    Yep...
    - When adding keywords to individual photos you have to use double-quotes to separate keyphrases (phrase being one or more words): E.g. "Keyword number1" "And another one".
    - When adding keywords(phrases) to galleries you can NOT use double-quotes to separater keyphrases. You have to use commas instead: E.g. Keyword number1, And another one.

This is very confusing! It's better to have just one way of specifying keywords/phrases.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com