Several Month Absence (or minimal activity)

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited March 27, 2011 in People
We are moving to Greensboro, NC to get closer to family.

My folks can't make the trips to Texas so easily anymore, so given have they only grandchild in the family, we needed to move :D

Any Greensboro shooters here?

Since the move wasn't planned with years of forethought, we'll be spending most non-work waking moments getting the house on the market, worrying about logistics and generally going nuts for the next three months until we move.

House located already: Wife says I can have the garage since it is detached :D

Shoot lots....
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Yikes...I just went through all the hassles of selling/buying/moving.....best of luck to you on that!

Im in Louisiana but have family and friends in Charlotte....a couple hours(?) away from your new home. I always bring my gear to travel!!!! ....and I can get backstage passes to North Carolina roylalty!!!!

Below is a link to some shots from a recent trip.... this has to be done during off season...mwink.gif

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=190480
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    I'm in Winston-Salem - just about 20-30 minutes from Greensboro.
  • TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    In a similar boat. In process of migrating from Plano, TX to Mooresville, NC. New job; I'm flying back every 3 weekends to try and help the wife prep the house and get it on the market. She's been a real trooper.
    Good luck to you. What little I've seen of NC so far, I love it!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Tracker wrote: »
    In a similar boat. In process of migrating from Plano, TX to Mooresville, NC. New job; I'm flying back every 3 weekends to try and help the wife prep the house and get it on the market. She's been a real trooper.
    Good luck to you. What little I've seen of NC so far, I love it!

Fellow I went to college is in Mooresville...
    Yeah, big difference --- real trees and seasons ;-)
    Nice folks, too...
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
    edited March 27, 2011
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Yikes...I just went through all the hassles of selling/buying/moving.....best of luck to you on that!

Im in Louisiana but have family and friends in Charlotte....a couple hours(?) away from your new home. I always bring my gear to travel!!!! ....and I can get backstage passes to North Carolina roylalty!!!!

Below is a link to some shots from a recent trip.... this has to be done during off season...mwink.gif

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=190480

Hope they don't kick me out for not following NASCAR....
    This will be move #6 in our lives, so we're kinda getting used to it... as much as one can...
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    You have been missed! Glad to hear that all is well, if busy. Good luck with the move (and just one more person's garage for me to envy.... rolleyes1.gif)
    edited March 27, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    You have been missed! Glad to hear that all is well, if busy. Good luck with the move (and just one more person's garage for me to envy.... rolleyes1.gif)

Isn't there a quote from "Much Ado about Photography", "Get thee a garage!!" :D
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    I WISH. Apparently there used to be one behind our backyard, but it fell down years ago and was never replaced (this is long before we moved here). My "if I win the lottery" fantasy is to rebuild a structure back there that looks like a garage, but is in fact a lovely studio space with skylights and storage and places to put modifiers bigger than 45" and use a lens longer than 50mm and.. and... and...

Wait, got a bit overexcited there. :whew Were we talking about reality? Oh yes. Nope, no garage here. Boo. rolleyes1.gif