Runnin' with the Big Dogs

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited March 28, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
A few weeks ago I met a new neighbor who was planning to attend an event at a local shelter: donate $100 to the shelter and have your pet's portrait taken and a nice print delivered. Except the photographer for the event flaked.

Last weekend my backordered 85/1.4 finally made it to my eager little hands. My cats were having none of it, and it being a lazy weekend, none of my neighbors considered themselves presentable enough for a portrait. So I proposed a puppy portrait session. :D

I say "puppy," and it is--technically--but it's a mastiff puppy. This thing is a miniature horse. I have never been this close to this huge a dog. :huh

But she's sweet! And very friendly. Almost too friendly--I had to be quick to move because she would try to come say hi while I was lying on my belly, and she had some major drool going on. I wasn't scared of her getting close, I was just terrified she would drool on my pretty new lens! :giggle

Anyhow, some nice puppy portraits came out of the experience.

1230158694_QEt9c-XL.jpg

1230158968_8GWqS-L.jpg

1230159637_riruE-XL.jpg

1230160219_2YgGX-L.jpg

1230160782_URQaU-XL.jpg

1230161476_57Ytn-XL.jpg

7 She finally got a bit tired of it all... :lol3
1230162001_3jkmF-XL.jpg

1230162688_PPLpT-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Nice use of DOF to elevate these above the usual "Here's my dog, ain't she cute?" photos. I especially like the colored versions. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    Hey Kerry-

Nice shots. And you know how I feel about Big Dogs :). I really like #4 the whole dog is in there but not a towering hulking mass like most people do. I also like the cuteness. And getting dog drool off the lens is a task, I went out and purchased UV protectors after the 1st time. Never happened again in two years.

-=Brad
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    # 4 is killer and needs to be on one of thos greeting cards that says something like... I miss you...or sorry...!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 28, 2011
    Eia wrote: »
    # 4 is killer and needs to be on one of thos greeting cards that says something like... I miss you...or sorry...!

Hahaha, so true. #4 is my pick of the litter as well. thumb.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Nice series of the "pup"!

I'll agree also that #4 is the shot thumb.gif

That big OOF paw in #1 and #2 take those out of the running for me ne_nau.gif, otherwise what would have been really nice pics.
    Randy