Sunday Peek

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 29, 2011 in People
Had a blast Sunday afternoon with this young lady. Lots to edit...here's a few....

1- An Out-Take...
1231200823_Ppka2-L-1.jpg

2-
1231203804_xU7yL-XL-1.jpg

3-
1231201540_WJ7iP-XL-1.jpg

4-
1231200235_5RDbg-L-1.jpg

5-
1231205814_6qYS8-L-1.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    They're all lovely, but that outtake is far and away my favorite! thumb.gif
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    1 4 5 in that order. 5 is tilted, you probably knew that.

Love 1, that is no outtake, that is money :).

Very pretty young lady with lots of personality, and you did a great job with her photography.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    They're all lovely, but that outtake is far and away my favorite! thumb.gif

zoomer wrote:
    1 4 5 in that order. 5 is tilted, you probably knew that.

Love 1, that is no outtake, that is money :).

Very pretty young lady with lots of personality, and you did a great job with her photography.

Thanks you two!

We started in the end of that porch where I know the light can be sweet, but right away I realized that she was going to try to shoot me the same exact "canned" smile every shot.

Yikes!!!

But...the more I do this the better I get at "disarming" nervous, uptight, self conscious clients. The success, for me, of the string of photos I have posted originally here is that all but two of them have different facial expressions.

...and that they were taken only a couple minutes after I realized that she needed to relax made it all the better.

Ill share one more...this one with an old kodak camera and little cross-processing. I had tried a trick to use a CTO gel on the flash and then shoot with a tungsten white balance to make oll the granite go super blue, but it did'nt pan out. I wasn't able to concentrate enough of the CTO flash on her to get the effect with a shoot through umbrella. Too much spillage....and I didn't bring a black cover for it. Next time!!! For this shot I used my normal CTB gel on a speedlight in a 45 inch umbrella. "Cloudy" White Balance.

1231507160_ywbVc-XL-2.jpg
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Nice shot, love the fade away stairs in the back ground.

My recipe to avoid the 6th grade class picture smiles is to make it a conversation, I put them in the frame in a general position, I do very little posing...posing causes tension and unnatural looks... I keep the camera up and ready, they never know when I am going to shoot.
    I tell them beautiful women don't have to try to beautiful they just are, seems to take some of the pressure off.

It usually takes about 15 minutes for them to get into the flow and relax and then good things happen.
    I click it when it looks right.

The start and stop of individual photos and posing them just so...makes them nervous and that is when the dreaded canned smiles come out.
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011

1231507160_ywbVc-XL-2.jpg

I LOVE those steps!!!

And great minds really DO think alike, I got one of my senior shooting at me with a Brownie, I'll have to post it up for ya. - all of 1/4 mile from where you took this shot, on the same day, at the same time...
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    LOVE that last one!