Need pricing ideas for downloads

Bed of RosesBed of Roses Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited March 28, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello! Need some feedback on pricing for commercial use digital downloads. I am currently priced at $250 for a low resolution photo and $500 for a high res. Uncertain if this is reasonable or too low? Did some research on internet to find some competitive pricing, but no amount details. Can review my work at
www.karenmarieimages.com
Thanks!

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Hello! Need some feedback on pricing for commercial use digital downloads. I am currently priced at $250 for a low resolution photo and $500 for a high res. Uncertain if this is reasonable or too low? Did some research on internet to find some competitive pricing, but no amount details. Can review my work at
    www.karenmarieimages.com
    Thanks!

What you should or might find is: It depends!:D

If someone were to want to use a photo and that someone was gonna drive business your way and that same someone was simply posting the photo to the Internet, then your price would scare them away perhaps. Or, if a company wanted to use your photo over and over in their advertisements in hundreds of markets and forever, then the price would be waaay low! SO, it really depends!
    tom wise
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2011
    Hello! Need some feedback on pricing for commercial use digital downloads.

The simple solution is disable the commercial download option and deal with it on a client by client basis. This way you are not pricing yourself out of any potential deals.
    Steve

Website