Norman Rockwell Adventure

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited March 31, 2011 in People
I organized a trip with some other home-schooling families to attend the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the local museum. I couldn't photograph inside the exhibit, but got some good shots of the day.

Even just crossing the street is an adventure with this group.
1228879077_gxyHc-XL.jpg

We had a private tour and got to do some wonderful projects relating to Rockwell's work:
1228811541_W535Q-XL.jpg

1228847514_QXg3V-XL.jpg

1228862758_Exntq-XL.jpg

This is my middle girl, explaining she did her work "in the same fashion as that one artist who cut off his ear. I think his name was Picasso." That kid.

1228873641_5zc8F-L.jpg

And then we went and played on the tracks:
1228890114_bybKQ-XL.jpg

Good day. More here.

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    These are fun images.thumb.gif

In #1 I wish I could see the older kid's feet...or zoom tighter to crop out all their feet. In #5 I suggest backing off on the tilting. Several of these are tilted to an advantage....but IMO #5 is way over tilted....ne_nau.gif

I really enjoy when you post these types of images. A parent's approach to photojournalism. It's a good combination.

That said...I bet the set would sing in Black and White processing.mwink.gif

Thanks for sharing.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Great fun..we so need to find activities like this for our homeschooler...we do stuff like this on our own but it would be nice to go with a group.
    Thanks for sharing
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    I've decided to comment again...or rather more on these photographs.....ne_nau.gif

I hope that is okay.

Normally I won't follow a link away from the forum to view an image or "more images" than what I see in the forum. "Normally" would mean "never" in this case. But. For reasons I cannot explain right now....I came back to the set and followed the link. I wasn't surprised to see that the quality of the images in the blog gallery were on par with those you shared here. Just from what I have seen you post on Dgrin I already knew that you are a technically capable shooter who also has the "gift" or "intuition" to know just when that moment is ripe for jabbing the shutter open. So...the images held no surprises for me.

The surprise was in the text and in particular the second to last paragraph. A very thoughtful and intelligent way to explain art in my opinion. Bravo.

...and ironically enough...the reason I had come back to see the set and comment more in the first place was to say that....

What you are capturing with these images is beautiful. The last image in particular really speaks to me, but these will each be priceless later on...when you and I are old....and these young 'uns are rearing young 'uns....the images will REALLY come into their own. And THAT will happen in the blink of an eye..."At the speed of light" I like to say, and the kids in these shots will be all grown up and serious about life. Life is short....and oh so fast. Keep shootin' and shoot lots!thumb.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    That last shot is just right. Great way to capture the end of the day. I also like the energy in #1. Fun group!
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    These are fun images.thumb.gif

In #1 I wish I could see the older kid's feet...or zoom tighter to crop out all their feet. In #5 I suggest backing off on the tilting. Several of these are tilted to an advantage....but IMO #5 is way over tilted....ne_nau.gif

I really enjoy when you post these types of images. A parent's approach to photojournalism. It's a good combination.

That said...I bet the set would sing in Black and White processing.mwink.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Ha...I'm just the opposite as I am a more curious critter....

Jesse couldn't hold more true to her trademark.

life. photographed.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    I don't know what to say. Thank you for "getting" me and the work I do. I feel very alone in my basement office sometimes and your kind words have come at a time when I really needed to hear them. Truly, your support is so appreciated.