Options

Free downloads for select individuals

jpressjpress Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 6, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
How can I make a gallery or galleries to where certain individuals can dowload for free? I still want the general public to be restricted...

I currently have watermarks, and right click disabled. I have pricing setup for my downloads.

I tried a coupon that makes everything at cost, but still wants all the payment information filled out even though the coupon makes the total price $0.00.

Other than the assistant password (which I really don't want to gove to anyone else), I can't think of another way to accomplish this.

The reason is that I shoot at a motorcycle riding school, and want to make the downloads available for free to the instructors.

jpress.smugmug.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    You can create a bulk download zipfile of the gallery, as the owner, and then send the owners the link to that zip.

More http://www.smugmug.com/help/backups
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2011
    but what about individual picstures...something so they can just pick and choose versus having to download a Gallery of 1000 pics?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    jpress wrote: »
    but what about individual picstures...something so they can just pick and choose versus having to download a Gallery of 1000 pics?

I'm sorry there's no way to do that, other than uploading their choices to a passworded gallery, leaving them as Originals available with no protection. I wish I had a better, different answer for you!
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm sorry there's no way to do that, other than uploading their choices to a passworded gallery, leaving them as Originals available with no protection. I wish I had a better, different answer for you!

Thanks for the quick replies (BTW, your avatar just freaked my daughter out completely!!!).

Still wondering why if a coupon makes downloads free, why the requirement to fill out credit card info. Is this something you guys plan on correcting?

Thanks Again!
  • Options
    PhilDaPhotPhilDaPhot Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    jpress wrote: »

Have you tried this at all.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=118772
    Phillip Cullinan

http://www.phillipcullinanphotography.com

If your photos aren't good enough, then you are not close enough.

Robert Capa
  • Options
    oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    I agree with Jpress' idea. I think this would be a great option. I often shoot events where the participants of the events are my direct sales customers. But the event organizers need the pictures as well. A way for them to access the pictures, select and download for FREE would be VERY helpful.