Options

Below the waves...

WossaWossa Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited March 30, 2011 in Wildlife
Hi All

I took these pictures a couple of days ago whilst diving in the Indian Ocean. There is nothing better in life than to be drifting alone on a beautiful coral reef taking in the wonder that surrounds you. I hope you enjoy them, I am not a serious photographer and these were only taken with a little point and shoot pocket camera (Canon S90 and a wide angle wet lense).

1232398104_ZnBjp-L.jpg

1232444081_VmQ6t-L.jpg

1232446658_4dFa7-L.jpg

1232404723_oeA6y-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ChessmasterChessmaster Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Wouah, impressive! Thanks for the share
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    You may not be a serious photographer but those are some very serious pictures. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Looks like you have the right tool to me. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Real nice underwater images. Enjoyed viewing the. Always like the clowns. Almost gives me the bug to set the marine aquarium back up....almost. *-)
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    GrfxMediaGrfxMedia Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Who doesn't love some Clown fish, nice shots. I always admire those that can get good underwater shots.

Regards,
    Peter Witham
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 29, 2011
    Great shots! It's amazing how good your S90 does underwater. Can you elaborate a bit on your waterproof housing and which wide-angle you use?
  • Options
    Henrik NHenrik N Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Wow, great series! #2 is particularly excellent. Hope it's printed and hanging up on your wall somewhere.

Henrik
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Great shots! It's amazing how good your S90 does underwater. Can you elaborate a bit on your waterproof housing and which wide-angle you use?

Thanks for your kind comments :D

I love the Canon S90 as it is very simple to use, lets me shoot in RAW and produces reasonable images without having to spend thousands of dollars on big underwater set ups.

I used a Canon DC35 underwater housing with an Inon UWL 100 28D wide angle conversion lens.

Here is a link to my Smugmug album from which these pictures came from.

http://warrens.smugmug.com/Other/Maldives-March-2011/16378643_Wmkxs#1232440387_3x6de
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 30, 2011
    Wossa wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments :D

I love the Canon S90 as it is very simple to use, lets me shoot in RAW and produces reasonable images without having to spend thousands of dollars on big underwater set ups.

I used a Canon DC35 underwater housing with an Inon UWL 100 28D wide angle conversion lens.

Here is a link to my Smugmug album from which these pictures came from.

http://warrens.smugmug.com/Other/Maldives-March-2011/16378643_Wmkxs#1232440387_3x6de
    Thanks for the lens/housing info. Those Inon lens setups are tough to find in this country evidently.

I took a look through your gallery and WOW! :wow You've got tons of great shots in there. I love the huge schools of fish. Your shots look as good as those I've seen from folks using Canon 1D bodies and huge light setups. I'm assuming all yours are natural lighting, correct? Is that because they're in shallow water? Anyhow, thanks for sharing these. Very enjoyable shots.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Thanks for the lens/housing info. Those Inon lens setups are tough to find in this country evidently.

I took a look through your gallery and WOW! :wow You've got tons of great shots in there. I love the huge schools of fish. Your shots look as good as those I've seen from folks using Canon 1D bodies and huge light setups. I'm assuming all yours are natural lighting, correct? Is that because they're in shallow water? Anyhow, thanks for sharing these. Very enjoyable shots.

Majority of the photo's are around the 20 metre level or above, all just using the natural sunlight, anything below this, the light wasn't quite sufficient.
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Wossa these are great! I love that first one--what great colors. Thank you for posting! Best, Pam