Nice Weather in Southern Utah

senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
edited March 30, 2011 in Landscapes
Clouds and even a good rainstorm brought out some nice desert color this last weekend. So long as you believe that shades of gray and tan are colorful.

1. Wide View
1232398078_sCYkh-X2.jpg

2. Low Clouds
1232297187_JMafa-L.jpg

3. Room To Grow
1232089048_99Axd-XL.jpg

4. Rock Shock
1232286159_qtgQp-M.jpg
Jay

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    these are great but #2 is awesome! That is 'other worldly' looking!
  • oldovaloldoval Registered Users Posts: 456 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    I'd have to agree.....#2 is really cool. Where is #3....those mountains look like the Henry's maybe?
  • Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Stunning. All of them. Talent like this is what makes this place special! Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    Wow, what a great series. Very good stuff, your low cloud image is stunning but what is that gold colored spot? it doesn't seem to fit. Also your last shot is wonderfully creative.
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Thanks for looking, everybody. The mts. in #3 are indeed the Henrys and the gold spot in the low clouds shot is a sandstone boulder, probably fridge or VW size at least. You can see in the first photo that much of the mancos is capped by a sandstone layer and it's from that layer that this large rock originated.
    Jay
  • DLC PhotoDLC Photo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Wow! Amazing! Do you have a website, I would love to see more. #2 is my favorite.
    edited March 30, 2011
    Here's a tighter crop of the first shot, anybody think this is an improvement over the original? To me it seems like a jumble of parts without a strong connection, but it does have better detail.

1232089774_StTdA-L.jpg

Joshua, thanks for the nice thoughts. I don't have an honest website. Like my smugmug page says, I'm just another clown with a camera and a reckless trigger finger. But that's a hint. Smugmug. Same name, senorjax.
    Jay
  • Secluded ValleySecluded Valley Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Great series. I really like #2 as well.

Kristine
    "How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!" ~John Muir
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    I LOVE #2! Very mystical feel and different from a lot of other shots from that area. #4 is also very nice. Looks like you had a very nice outing!
    edited March 30, 2011
    Hey Doug,

I posted a link to the pano photo's original size file and thought of you, because there's boulders strewn all over in it. Check it out, it's really fun to look into.

http://senorjax.smugmug.com/Photography/Just-for-Web-Uploads-1/11817905_3XqFf#1232398078_sCYkh-O-LB
    Jay
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Love #2 and #4!
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Jay, I really like the first one, and I think I prefer the pano to the tighter crop, but both are striking. And I do like the tan an gray colors! Best, Pam
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    senorjax wrote: »
    Hey Doug,

I posted a link to the pano photo's original size file and thought of you, because there's boulders strewn all over in it. Check it out, it's really fun to look into.

http://senorjax.smugmug.com/Photography/Just-for-Web-Uploads-1/11817905_3XqFf#1232398078_sCYkh-O-LB

Wow, I love it! I almost feel like I'm standing there. Great detail, and you're right there are a couple of boulders out and about ;-)