The Guards of the Alamo.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited March 29, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Another shot that I took inside the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.

There's a funny story behind this image. My family went to the souvenir shop inside the Alamo compound. When I saw from the main entrance door that "taking photos and food inside is not allowed" I just took a glimpse of what they're selling and went out. There's too many people at that time (probably because it's a Sunday) but still I was hoping to get some good shots to bring home. Then I saw this guard (the dark colored officer). In my mind I thought "Maybe He'll be kind enough to pose for me and get a shot of a guard in the Alamo. So, without hesitation I tapped him on his shoulder and said: "Excuse me officer, would you do me a special favor and pose for me for one shot?" The guy looked at me as if he's measuring if I'm serious, then he looked at my camera and said "Just one shot." LOL! I told him I want him to pose for me near the north entrance. Then by sheer luck two of his buddies were there, too! So, in the end I was able to take the shot with the three of them. This is the result of that shot. Thank you very much for listening.

5571691551_bea57ac6c5_b.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing. smile.png

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 18mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f8 at 1/125 of a second, Matrix Metering in Manual Mode, Color processed in Lightroom 3.3
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments