Options

Glamour Retouching Class

rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited April 9, 2011 in Finishing School
Not often do I attend a course or workshop were I'm blown away by what's being taugh and by how to achieve that what's being taught. Sunday was an exception.

This past weekend I attended a 3.5 hour glamour retouching class by CRW Media (Professional Photo Retouching - Glamour, Bridal and more | CRWmedia LLC). We were taught how to get that amazing magazine cover result in a very simple and easy way to do it. We used about about half a dozen basic photoshop tools to achieve that final look and the results were absolutely amazing. The simplicity is what's genius about it. I'm by no means a PS guru so this was right up my alley.

I am by no means affiliated to this organization and benefit in no way at all by endorsing them. But regardless, I would like to recommend CRWMedia and Christine (our instructor) (Professional Photo Retouching - Glamour, Bridal and more | CRWmedia LLC). If you want to learn a VERY effective and simple way to edit your portraits with photoshop and achieve magazine quality results in just a few hours, attend Christine's class when she's in your area, I guarantee you wont regret it.

R.
Canon 5DMk II | 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM | 24-105mm f4.0 IS USM | 85mm f1.8 prime.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 1, 2011
    BTW, this was asked elsewhere. You guys want to see before and afters, click on the link http://www.crwmedia.com/index.html then click on the bride image. Once again click on each image to open it, then run your mouse over the opened image (dont click just move your mouse over it), that will give you a before and after. Each image is the same thing. You can see all the before and afters.

Same thing if you click on the model in the black dress. All the subsequent images are the same thing.

R.
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    rickp wrote: »
    BTW, this was asked elsewhere. You guys want to see before and afters, click on the link http://www.crwmedia.com/index.html then click on the bride image. Once again click on each image to open it, then run your mouse over the opened image (dont click just move your mouse over it), that will give you a before and after. Each image is the same thing. You can see all the before and afters.
    R.

Jeez, small wonder girls and young women have body image issues. Then again, if the day comes when we interact only virtually, these pixel-based makeover artists will be living like Wall Street bankers.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2011
    jhefti wrote: »
    Jeez, small wonder girls and young women have body image issues.

It's funny you mentioned this. I had this same conversation with my fiancee. These before afters are what most women should be exposed to. It's a huge eye opener.

R,
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    rickp wrote: »
    It's funny you mentioned this. I had this same conversation with my fiancee. These before afters are what most women should be exposed to. It's a huge eye opener.

R,

You may have seen this already, but it's worth showing everyone who reads fashion magazines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2011
    No, I hadn't seen that one, but yeah women should see it.