Looking up into the Trees - Durham NC

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I've just returned from a week at Duke Univ for medical appts. I took my camera and was able to visit the Sarah Duke Gardens in Durham, NC. It was beautiful in early spring....I can only imagine what it will be like in a couple of weeks. The redbuds were glorious, along with a few dogwoods and some daffodils.

I am just beginning to look at my shots but these struck me right away and I wanted to post for comment. (Also wanted to let ya'll know I am still around. :D) I really like this type of tree shot but haven't made too many of my own that I'm happy with. Admittedly, I only spent a couple of moments on these so I'm open to any comments or suggestions. I like the touch of blue sky in #1 but I'm not sure if the shot works because the left side is made up of those spindly branches. Thoughts?

Thanks. Hope everyone is doing well!

Lauren

1232728406_ptBgJ-XL.jpg

1232743478_e3MkD-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    The blue sky ... I like it. Gives it a whole new look.

I like these types of tree shots too. These type of shots are hard for me to take.

#2 is my favorite. Only suggestion I can give is I would crop this more into a tighter square.

Hope your doc appointments all came out well :D
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Hi Lauren...... Of the two I like the second one the best..... You might look at your histogram the second one seems a little dark......

The IQ you get from that D300S is great........I'm envious ......:D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    thanks! Mary, I wondered about a square crop on #2 so I will try it.

Gary, the trees are dark an the sky was too bright (although I started my outing on an overcast, cool day). I was going more for the shapes and patterns than detail. I do appreciate your comment about the histogram and I will take a look and see if I can process a better-looking shot.

Thanks!
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com