smugmug outage ~3:45pm PST

onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
edited July 9, 2004 in SmugMug Support
We're having a small outage at the moment.

It's my fault. Sorry about that, everyone!

Next post will have details....

Comments

• onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2004
    onethumb wrote:
    We're having a small outage at the moment.

It's my fault. Sorry about that, everyone!

Next post will have details....

So, I'm over at our data center installing new power circuits. We get completely done with the installation, no outages, everything is great. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, since everything went according to plan.

That was my big mistake ... never feel good about a job well done before it's actually DONE. :)

I accidentally, as I was finishing up, hit the power switch on one of the database servers. Ooops. Completely unrelated to the complicated power circuit work we're doing, which makes it doubly stupid.

I should note at this time that we only do things in our data center during the day out of absolute necessity. I tried very hard to get the datacenter in question to work with us during a maint. period, but they insisted on doing it during the day today.

Oh well, it's over and done with. I'm sorry for the outage, and I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Don
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2004
    onethumb wrote:
    So, I'm over at our data center installing new power circuits. We get completely done with the installation, no outages, everything is great. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, since everything went according to plan.

That was my big mistake ... never feel good about a job well done before it's actually DONE. :)

I accidentally, as I was finishing up, hit the power switch on one of the database servers. Ooops. Completely unrelated to the complicated power circuit work we're doing, which makes it doubly stupid.

I should note at this time that we only do things in our data center during the day out of absolute necessity. I tried very hard to get the datacenter in question to work with us during a maint. period, but they insisted on doing it during the day today.

Oh well, it's over and done with. I'm sorry for the outage, and I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Don

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why the pics were not showing up. Glad I thought to look here. No problem. We're a relaxed group.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog