Any suggestions on best legit deal for 7d?

PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
edited April 11, 2011 in Cameras
Looking to add a second 7d to our arsenal... prefer new. Body only.

Any suggestions as to where (legit of course) has the best price/shipping combo?

Also are there any rebates, etc. available?
Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
2 Canon 40d
70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
And a bunch of other stuff ;)

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Currently the best price I've found is at Canon's website through the Loyalty Program... but it's refurbished. I prefer refurbs, actually, because not only are they cheaper than new, but they've been looked over thoroughly and verified to function properly. The new ones get tested I'm sure, but I think the refurbs get more attention.

I think it's $1087 through the Program, but you need an old broken camera (psst... ebay for cheap). Here's the CLP thread.
  • PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    Currently the best price I've found is at Canon's website through the Loyalty Program... but it's refurbished. I prefer refurbs, actually, because not only are they cheaper than new, but they've been looked over thoroughly and verified to function properly. The new ones get tested I'm sure, but I think the refurbs get more attention.

I think it's $1087 through the Program, but you need an old broken camera (psst... ebay for cheap). Here's the CLP thread.

Cool, will check it out.. a friend of mine says she has THREE old broken Canons sitting around... THANKS!

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011

From what I've seen refurbs are a good deal and they include a warranty
    edited April 1, 2011
    Awesome, ordered my 7d today... $1087+ tax with free 2 day shipping. Ended up buying an old Powershot off of CL for $10, techinically it's working but it won't be when I send it back. :)

Thanks again!

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    edited April 1, 2011
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    From what I've seen refurbs are a good deal and they include a warranty

Yeah 90 day warranty and what they tell me is that "most" are just units that had packaging damage or were returned completely unused from retailers, etc. Said the vast majority have less than 20 acutations. I'm not worried in the least.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
  • adi_190adi_190 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2011
    Awesome, ordered my 7d today... $1087+ tax with free 2 day shipping. Ended up buying an old Powershot off of CL for $10, techinically it's working but it won't be when I send it back. :)

Thanks again!

Ohh wow I think you got really a nice deal. Going with refurbished is not a bad idea unless its from a reputed retailer.