Ice Fishing Huts closed for Season

Tim SnowTim Snow Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited April 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Went for a walkabout yesterday and came upon a handful of Ice Fishing Huts that have been closed for the season. I had a lot of fun playing around with the textures and colors, and had some great light.
Here's a sample, the full set can be found here: http://bit.ly/fishhut

http://www.timsnowphotography.com/IceFishingHuts-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Cheers,
Tim

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    Awesome! All you shots has that unique feel in them. More than that, all are really in a professional level! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    Enjoyed your shots of the ice houses. They're much more colorful then the ones I've seen around here.

You presented them well thumb.gif
  • Tim SnowTim Snow Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2011
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    Nice shots, I like the colorful one and the shadow of you and your tripod. BTW how are you liking lightroom? Looks like a Lightroom flash gallery to me, personally I love it for web-displays of art.
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
    edited April 5, 2011
    Hey Kithylin,
    It is Lightroom! I absolutely love LR, it has become such a huge part of my workflow. I ingest into PhotoMechanic, caption and make my picks, then send everything to LR. Simple edit in LR then I am done, I don't use PS anymore, haven't since LR1.
    Thanks for checking them out!
    edited April 5, 2011
    Tim Snow wrote: »
    Hey Kithylin,
    It is Lightroom! I absolutely love LR, it has become such a huge part of my workflow. I ingest into PhotoMechanic, caption and make my picks, then send everything to LR. Simple edit in LR then I am done, I don't use PS anymore, haven't since LR1.
    Thanks for checking them out!

lightroom is pretty good if you're just going to go through a bunch of pics to display on the web, but i still like to use photoshop's CameraRaw applet to manually 'correct' things if i'm going to submit them somewhere, or something special etc.
    edited April 5, 2011
    When in Lightroom, simply click on the "Develop" tab. The engine is pretty much identical to Camera Raw but labelled a bit differently. I absolutely love the Sync function for batch processing! I can do everything I need in LR; full weddings, all newspaper and wire assignments, concert work etc...
    Try it out, it may take a bit to get used to it but you will love it!
    edited April 5, 2011
    Tim Snow wrote: »
    When in Lightroom, simply click on the "Develop" tab. The engine is pretty much identical to Camera Raw but labelled a bit differently. I absolutely love the Sync function for batch processing! I can do everything I need in LR; full weddings, all newspaper and wire assignments, concert work etc...
    Try it out, it may take a bit to get used to it but you will love it!

Maybe, usually i only have about 6-20 out of 200 when i go and shoot something i really like enough anyway, so it's not a hassle to 'fix' manually. :)
    edited April 5, 2011
    That's why I ingest through Photo Mechanic first to go through my RAW's and make my initial picks. Once I am done, I only import the picks into LR. Depending on the assignment, I may only import 5 or 10, if it's a bigger assignment I may import over 1000!
    While shooting, I try to have the best possible photograph without having to do too much post. I like spending as much time behind the camera as possible with as little time behind the computer!