In The Aquarium

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited April 6, 2011 in Holy Macro
I no longer have my favorite macro subjects to shoot as my 150-Gallon reef tank is no more. These are a few of the shots I managed while it was up and running. I'm really glad that I have these as although the aquarium is gone, the visual memories remain.

These were all taken with a Nikon D-100 paired with a Sigma 105mm 2.8 DG Macro. They were shot through about half inch thick glass and in some cases a strobe with a softbox was used above the tank to provide natural looking light.

1. A True Percula Clownfish tending to her nest of eggs. Pictured behind is a rose colored Bubble Tip Sea Anemone.

5575036763_c52e35ec36_b.jpg

2. A Dendrophyllia Coral stretching out to find food. This is a soft coral that likes to eat proteins such as small pieces of fish. It is about as big around as a dime.

5575036551_42bbd3e0e6_b.jpg

3. A Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. This little bugger would crawl up my arm and tickle me any time I had to reach into the tank.

5575036273_48c77a6bd5_b.jpg

4. Not a macro, but a picture of the entire tank to give those not familiar with marine life an idea of space/size relationship. The tank is six feet long. You can see the Rose Anemone with its clownfish inhabitants on the left side about 1/3 down from the top. The Dendrophyllia is the little yellow speck just below the Yellow Tang Fish's nose.

5575036837_aafdbf43eb_b.jpg

Hope I didn't bore anyone, I tend to ramble on when I think about all the joy this underwater world brought me, both in and of itself, and photographically.

Comments