Soldiers Homecoming - Fort Lewis, WA

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited April 4, 2011 in People
My last post didn't work for some reason. I'm trying to share my photos!!

1232025457_jKGha-M.jpg

1232025888_Hiu4d-M.jpg

Did it work this time? :scratch
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    1232024427_zSg7u-M.jpg

1232026117_DTJiz-M.jpg
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    These are very emotive. He's so young.

In the last 19 years, the longest my wife and I have been apart is 10 days. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for them.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011

In the last 19 years, the longest my wife and I have been apart is 10 days. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for them.

Only 10 days?!?! WOW!! I've been married just over three years and I wish I could say we have only been apart for 10 days! I've gone up to three weeks without my husband while he toured the country. He's driven 16 hours round trip just to spend 24 hours with me to drive back to go back to work.

But onto the pictures... Soldier's homecomings always have a special place in my heart, their selfless sacrifice (and that of the spouses they leave behind) will never cease to amaze me. I'm not a supporter of war, I don't believe that violence is the answer, but each one of then signed on the dotted line knowing what sacrifice they were literally signing up for. They are all over there by choice. Excellent job capturing those sweet moments when wives see their husbands home. It's one thing knowing they're coming home, it's another feeling them in your arms again.
  • consciouseyeconsciouseye Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Very Nice Kristen :) I love the first one whowing the strong emotions...from a friendly neighbor -- Mike
    edited April 1, 2011
    Very Nice Kristen :) I love the first one whowing the strong emotions...from a friendly neighbor -- Mike

Thanks Mike! :)

I appreciate the comments and the support!! I can't wait to work with more military families. I'm working on setting things up now.
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited April 1, 2011

Thanks so much! It was a very powerful experience. I had a pretty serious cry when it was all over!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited April 1, 2011
    Only 10 days?!?! WOW!! I've been married just over three years and I wish I could say we have only been apart for 10 days! I've gone up to three weeks without my husband while he toured the country. He's driven 16 hours round trip just to spend 24 hours with me to drive back to go back to work.

But onto the pictures... Soldier's homecomings always have a special place in my heart, their selfless sacrifice (and that of the spouses they leave behind) will never cease to amaze me. I'm not a supporter of war, I don't believe that violence is the answer, but each one of then signed on the dotted line knowing what sacrifice they were literally signing up for. They are all over there by choice. Excellent job capturing those sweet moments when wives see their husbands home. It's one thing knowing they're coming home, it's another feeling them in your arms again.

Thank you for the comments!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited April 1, 2011
    1235483971_Pk35d-M.jpg

1235483672_UBHQN-M.jpg
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Kristen:
    First and foremost, my admiration to you for capturing those great shots.
    For our men and women in arms, my respect and if necessary, my Soul......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOD BLESS THEM ALL.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Beautiful photos, Kristen, you really captured the emotions of the homecoming. They are all good, but this one really strikes me, it is just superb:

kristen wrote: »
    1235483971_Pk35d-M.jpg
    edited April 2, 2011
    Yaflyyadie wrote: »
    Kristen:
    First and foremost, my admiration to you for capturing those great shots.
    For our men and women in arms, my respect and if necessary, my Soul......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

Thank you so much! :)
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
    edited April 2, 2011
    moose135 wrote: »
    Beautiful photos, Kristen, you really captured the emotions of the homecoming. They are all good, but this one really strikes me, it is just superb:

Thanks a ton. I am right on with you for this photo. It's my favorite and my husband just went crazy over this one! :)
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    edited April 4, 2011
    Thanks so much!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com