Dandy Lion

Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited April 3, 2011 in Holy Macro
Okay, I bought a set of Kenko extension tubes and a macro rail. I tried them out tonight with my Sigma EX 150 Macro. It was already dark when I got home so these are studio shots with a single Hensel strobe. Anyway, this is my first attempt at focus stacking as well. I just used Photoshop. It worked pretty well, but had some weirdness here and there to touch up.

Anyway, see what you think.

1235646425_wgabE-X2.jpg

1235646007_tPQib-X2.jpg

1235646268_M2kaB-X2.jpg

1235646143_JVAN6-X2.jpg

This last one has potential, but I need to clean up all the nasty tangled thingys. I couldn't brush them out with my fingers unfortunately.

1235645871_apYTh-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

-Rob
-Rob Pauza
Rob Pauza Photography

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Came out well - esp like #2 &#4. a seed head like that is a bit of a stacking nightmare.
    Brian v.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    I thought this thread had something to do with a slightly camp wild cat, but now I'm here I see it's about a dandelion! ne_nau.gif
  • DeVilDeVil Registered Users Posts: 1,037 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    I agree with Brian, but for the first stack is great :)
  • Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    Came out well - esp like #2 &#4. a seed head like that is a bit of a stacking nightmare.
    Brian v.

Thanks Brian. I shot them inside in a studio environment, so I was shooting at f12 (I think). That, plus no wind and the fact I was using a rail made it not bad. And yes, I know... using a rail is "cheating", but we can't all be as awesome as you. :)
    I thought this thread had something to do with a slightly camp wild cat, but now I'm here I see it's about a dandelion! ne_nau.gif

haha. Sorry to disappoint. Be sure to look for my "Randy Lion" series coming up.
    DeVil wrote: »
    I agree with Brian, but for the first stack is great :)

Thank you sir. Thanks for the look.

-Rob
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography