Factory lens cleaner substitute

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited April 1, 2011 in Cameras
Hi all
Just recieved my new nifty fifty a week ago and noticed that there was some kind of protective film or layer of cleaner on the front of the lens. All you have to do to clean it is blow the dust off the glass. Does anyone here know where i can get this cleaner or what ever it is?

Regards
Patrick:D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 1, 2011
    A potential Irish source might be:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3347599/art/af/carl-zeiss-camera-cleanin.html

I couldn't find any positive or negative comments about this company, which is generally a good thing. ("huntoffice" is the source supplier.)

It can take some serious number of cleaning passes to finish cleaning the element, but persist with the microfiber cloth in this kit and you should be fine.

I do recommend cleaning the microfiber cloth first with basic laundry technique but then finish with a rinse (or 2 rinses) using distilled water, then dry. This should insure that the cloth is absolutely clean before you start the process.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Thanks Ziggy

Regards
    Patrick:D