Our skyline

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited April 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My artistic transformation of our skyline. All works are done in camera and pp to merge. Comments?

Original
1235836342_dsSjB-O.jpg

After merged
1235836233_tGjqS-O.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    The post-processing sure looks cool to me. thumb.gif On a personal taste, I like the original better, specially if you darken the skies to make a strong contrast from the nicely lit skyline. :D You got a good position shooting this shot, David. Very nice! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    You have a beautiful skyline to look at.

The artist approach in your second shot appeals to me. Only I think I would crop in more. That way the buildings in motion/blurred will be minimal and the sharp ones will be more the vocal point. Hope you don't mind me saying that :D
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    The post-processing sure looks cool to me. thumb.gif On a personal taste, I like the original better, specially if you darken the skies to make a strong contrast from the nicely lit skyline. :D You got a good position shooting this shot, David. Very nice! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Thanks Jiro for your comments.

Our skyline has been "taken to death" if you know what I mean. I just want to avoid a "postcard" shot.

Cheers
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    You have a beautiful skyline to look at.

The artist approach in your second shot appeals to me. Only I think I would crop in more. That way the buildings in motion/blurred will be minimal and the sharp ones will be more the vocal point. Hope you don't mind me saying that :D

Always appreciate the views from another angle which I will give a thought about it. Thank you.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    david-low wrote: »
    ...I just want to avoid a "postcard" shot.

Cheers

Got you on that, Sir. I certainly understand why. Thanks for explaining. thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2011
    david-low wrote: »
    Always appreciate the views from another angle which I will give a thought about it. Thank you.

Happy to hear you appreciated my view and didn't misunderstand it :D