Just starting out, funky senior shoot, opinions welcomed!

kaughtphotographykaughtphotography Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 3, 2011 in People
This is actually my first "human" shoot. I am a bit worried about the angles and cutting off shoes etc. All rookie mistakes, learning new things every day! I would love your opinions! Thanks so much!!

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Comments

• J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    They all seem a little underexposed to me...at least on my monitor. The 3rd one is really fun..I like it..I wish her hand wasn't cut off :D The fourth one is my favorite of the bunch...the setting, the look, the pose and the color seems to just fit this image..at least for me. Keep it up..and keep posting!
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    Except for the missing hand, I really like the 3rd image. Cool idea. As for the others, I think the extreme angles are overdone. The tilt works when it works, but is distracting when it doesn't. (In my humble opinion.)
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    Yes I agree, the images are mostly a bit underexposed and the tilts are a bit overdone.
    That being said I think you did well on your first "human" shoot.
    Five is my fave of the bunch
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    I too agree on the point of them being underexposed. I like the one of her flipping. IMO I prefer some uniformity in my Senior shots, and I believe you can achieve that and still be creative. Good ideas and good shots. Just watch your exposure. :)
  • JusselinJusselin Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    underexposed ad flat as well, easily fixed in CR....great first job though....practice practice practice.

Cant wait to see your images in a year from now