Sorrow.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited April 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Another image from our trip to San Antonio, Texas. This one was inside Louis Tussaud's Waxworks inside Ripley's Believe It or Not building. I was really impressed by the detail on the wax figures displayed there. Unfortunately, not all of my shots are that good since the walkway are too small and the lighting is so poor. This was lit by one spotlight and it caused my first shot to totally have that awful orange cast. To make up for it, I increased my ISO to 400 and then activated the built-in flash on my Nikon D70 and applied a -1.3 EV flash compensation so I can get a more realistic skin tone from the shot. It'd be nice if I have an SB-600 or SB-800 to help me out but I'm still saving for one. smile.png Thank you very much for viewing.

5581930266_e2c648188a_b.jpg

Nikon D70, 18-70mm lens set to 60mm, Exposure at ISO 400, f4.5 at 1/30 of a second handheld, Matrix Metering with -1.3 EV flash compensation applied, Color processed using Lightoom 3.4
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    I'm telling you, Jiro, I never know what to expect out of your quarters.

I can't help you with the SB 600 or the SB 800, but, if you think you can use it, I'd be very happy to make a gift to you of a practically unused SB 24....with manual.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    I'm telling you, Jiro, I never know what to expect out of your quarters.

I can't help you with the SB 600 or the SB 800, but, if you think you can use it, I'd be very happy to make a gift to you of a practically unused SB 24....with manual.

Take care my friend,

Tom

If you are that serious about the SB-24 I am up for it and would open-handedly accept it with gratitude, my friend. :D Btw, I still have some surprise images from the San Antonio trip so brace yourself for some shockers, bruddah. rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/