Options

GLax -- the draw, +

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited April 7, 2011 in Sports
Got out to a Saturday game. Very cloudy and rain off and on. There was a bit of scoring, so the girls kept having to do a draw. I got a lot of chances. This looks a bit like a series, but is actually shots from multiple draws...

(For those not familiar with girls lacrosse, the draw starts play after each score--like a faceoff in hockey. The girls have the place between the backs of the sticks, and on the refs whistle they both push their sticks upward--trying to direct the ball to either themselves or their teamates...)

The ref sets them up...

1237291770_RtWoM-L.jpg

Waiting for the whistle...

1237292602_zW2xb-L.jpg

It's up...

1237292489_8vgzd-L.jpg

1237292316_xZ9aY-L.jpg

The fight begins

1237297340_sP4To-L.jpg

1237292030_TE2hV-L.jpg

After picking up the ground ball...

1237291957_TqooH-L.jpg

And now, just some other shots from the game...

1237293781_CRQZn-L.jpg

One of the rainy moments

1237296270_gftsm-L.jpg

1237296156_WhDsL-L.jpg

1237293200_paQff-L.jpg

1237293092_9XZvX-L.jpg

C&C always appreciated....
Regards

Will

Comments

• Options
    phatmanphatman Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    wm...
    FWIW... the shot on goal is a superb capture, IMO. the only c&c i might offer/suggest is a tighter crop, to isolate the
    shooter and the goalie. As a photog of some renoun on SportsShooter and over at Fred Miranda (not me, Laughing.gif) says... shoot tight and crop tighter.
    anyway very nice set. show us more, pls.
    thanks for sharing
    B
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2011
    phatman wrote: »
    wm...
    FWIW... the shot on goal is a superb capture, IMO. the only c&c i might offer/suggest is a tighter crop, to isolate the
    shooter and the goalie. As a photog of some renoun on SportsShooter and over at Fred Miranda (not me, Laughing.gif) says... shoot tight and crop tighter.
    anyway very nice set. show us more, pls.
    thanks for sharing
    B

Good point! # 10 really does need to be out of that shot. I actually had cropped this one down quite a bit from the original. I had broken one of my usual rules of not shooting at too great of a distance. I was actually behind the far endline on this shot, off to the the right of the goal--so about 100+ yards away from the goalie/main subject. It just so happened that nobody got in the way between me and the goalie and I happened to time it somewhat decently. The girl actually scored off this shot--but in this picture it appears the goalie is tracking it and will certainly save it...
    Regards

Will