Options

SmugMug Homepage Slideshow feature help

TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited April 8, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Hi all... So I posted this under SmugMug support and although I was given great answers at to my questions, I was also told to maybe ask in here about the following issue... so here I go, the italics is what I posted on the other thread.

I've been reworking on my site and have done many changes to it, from new domain name, new theme, new galleries, just about new everything... Only thing I basically didn't change was the monkey behind the camera...

I'm trying to take advantage of the SmugMug slideshow feature for the home page, and although it looks freaking awesome, I'm curious about something...

I've selected the "most popular photos" setting for the slide show...

When it starts, the first, second and sometimes even the third photo look pretty nice as far as size is concerned... but after that, then the photos showing up on the slideshow become smaller in size...

I was told that the reason that my slideshow looks small is because my galleries are set to medium size. But, and I'm not complaining because I don't mind the slideshow size too much (and I can always change my size to large), what has me curious is the fact that again, the first couple of pics look larger and then they come down in size to medium size... I'm kinda lost here and I thank y'all in advance for your help with this...

I was told that there may be some kind of code bug somewhere in there. So here I am...

The site is www.kabestudios.com and the page of course is my home page.

I thank y'all in advance for your help, advice and/or input with this...

Thank y'all again and have a great day.
Miguel
www.kabestudios.com
I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 8, 2011
    There are a couple factors that can cause this. One is as you said the maximum size that you allow in the gallery.

Another is the aspect ratio and the resolution of the photos. Depending on how they fit the slideshow viewing area, the size that fits best will be shown. This is also important for the speed of the slideshow as its giving you sizes that will serve quickly.

That leads into the last part. Our slideshows check your connection speed to determine what sizes can be shown quickly. Depending on your connection, it may be fast at first so a few will load large. Then it may slow down and smaller images are displayed. This happens most often with the Full Screen Slideshow.

I will take a look and see if we might have a bug with the homepage slideshow and let the programmers know.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com