1221698857_uq7Wd-L-1.jpg

#2:

1237903655_djXH9-L.jpg

#3:

1230960629_DdrM2-L.jpg

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2011
    Gotta say that I think I like 3 best of the series. Was going to ask if you had tried a b/w conversion of 2 (maybe with a cool tone) - not that it really needs work rolleyes1.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    The first two are almost spooky but I love the b/w one. Nothing like long exposures to spice up a beach. thumb.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    i'm with Schmoo on this one, Ron... the B&W with the slow shutter is top-notch.

is the stream still as deep out there? i'm thinking of a trip out that way sometime in the next month or two, and wondering if i need hip boots to stay dry! :D
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Ron Ive seen a ton of your shots from here, I think that first one in this series is an overall favorite. Well done.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Nice set Ron, I really like the first one, it looks so other-worldly.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Gotta say that I think I like 3 best of the series. Was going to ask if you had tried a b/w conversion of 2 (maybe with a cool tone) - not that it really needs work rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, if #2 was naturally grayish (like #3) I would have converted to B&W, but I like the moody blue tones.
    schmoo wrote: »
    The first two are almost spooky but I love the b/w one. Nothing like long exposures to spice up a beach. thumb.gif

Spooky is a good adjective :)
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i'm with Schmoo on this one, Ron... the B&W with the slow shutter is top-notch.

is the stream still as deep out there? i'm thinking of a trip out that way sometime in the next month or two, and wondering if i need hip boots to stay dry! :D

That stream is crazy right now, the current is high and it's up to a waist deep in some places up stream, not as deep low-stream but you can't cross it there during high tide. So be prepared!
    cj99si wrote: »
    Ron Ive seen a ton of your shots from here, I think that first one in this series is an overall favorite. Well done.

Thanks! I was hoping to do some night shots with the moon in addition to moonset/sunrise, but the clouds (and snow!) came in before sunrise. I'm glad I was there at 4AM to capture the night shots, I have a shortage of moon/beach shots and it's always fun to be out there alone shooting.
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Nice set Ron, I really like the first one, it looks so other-worldly.

Thanks Doug!
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    Ron, I love the first shot the best, but I know what a great series it is because opinions on the best shot are so varired--every shot a favorite! Best, Pam