Reeling it in

GitzoGitzo Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited April 6, 2011 in People

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    I can't help but wonder what this would look like in B&W...
    Love the way you caught the light.
    The 7000 is a great update for the D80-90 lineage.
    What lens did you use here?
    Oh....nice shot btw :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • GitzoGitzo Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Thanks Rey. I am may play with the bw but I really loved the skin tone and texture of the hands. The lens was the kit Nikon 18 to 105 VR. Nice lens. The D7000 is replacing my 8 year old D100. I need to read the book Laughing.gif. but I will say it has been a while since I have been this excited about photography. That camera is so easy to use.

Gitzo
    edited April 4, 2011
    Gitzo wrote: »
    Thanks Rey. I am may play with the bw but I really loved the skin tone and texture of the hands. The lens was the kit Nikon 18 to 105 VR. Nice lens. The D7000 is replacing my 8 year old D100. I need to read the book Laughing.gif. but I will say it has been a while since I have been this excited about photography. That camera is so easy to use.

Gitzo

I do like the texture you captured.
    I gotta say...I mounted my wife's inexpensive kit lens (18-55) on the D7000 and I was impressed with how tack sharp the images were.
    IQ is nearly up to par with my D700
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited April 4, 2011
    Rey, is there a sharpness setting in the D7000?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    I like the shot thumb.gif

Great texture, and the sharpness of the left hand offset by the motion blur of the right (reeling) hand works very well here to tell exactly what is going on, without any explanation needed. Processing looks right for this image also.
    Randy
    edited April 5, 2011
    Gitzo wrote: »
    Rey, is there a sharpness setting in the D7000?

Yes there is in the Shooting Menu/Set Picture Control under each setting you will find fine tuning for sharpness and all kinds of other stuff....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited April 6, 2011
    Rey, thanks, i will have a look. hesitant to fiddle.

Rwells, Thank you very much for your comments. I tell ya, seeing what others do on dgrin really gives on the motivation to get out and shoot.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    I love this shot for all the reasons stated! It says so much with so little. Just my taste but the subtlety of the color could be better appreciated without the bright blue outline.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
    edited April 6, 2011
    Brian, thanks for the comments. I have no idea where the blue line came from. I use google picasa to get the embed link and I have never had the issue with the blue line in the past. So any help there is welcome.