A few from the Denver Auto Show

BigKBigK Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited April 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
(I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm not on here much)

I went down to my 3rd Denver Auto Show in good 'ole Denver, Colorado earlier this afternoon and would like to share 3 of my photos. So I'll quit the yacking and just show 'em off...

1238955289_6VLi8-M.jpg

1238955277_MCTxB-M.jpg

1238955257_zWLC4-M.jpg

a lot of "cleanup" work went into these, but I'll still accept any C&C.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• BigKBigK Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Oh! And this one is from Colorado National Speedway's "Ice-Breaker 2011" event last night...

1237792225_ibGLr-L.jpg
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Nice photos technically, but starting from the Lotus and then showing two 'standard passanger cars' is kind of a down-ward trend, there were no other new sports cars there? rolleyes1.gif
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
    edited April 4, 2011
    There were, I just didn't get any photos of them worth sharing. It was PACKED. I was lucky to get what shots I did. In all, I took 72 photos, and these are the only three that I liked. At the same time, I am hyper-critical of myself... Knowing this, there are probably another photo or two that some people may or may not like. But so long as they're on my "bad" list, they're not going online.
    edited April 4, 2011
    BigK wrote: »
    There were, I just didn't get any photos of them worth sharing. It was PACKED. I was lucky to get what shots I did. In all, I took 72 photos, and these are the only three that I liked. At the same time, I am hyper-critical of myself... Knowing this, there are probably another photo or two that some people may or may not like. But so long as they're on my "bad" list, they're not going online.

I know how you feel, I went out to shoot my dog in the flowers and out of 250 some odd shots there were only 6 that really leaped out at me and I liked enough to share, and then had to decide on the three out of those that were the best to put on Dgrin.
    edited April 4, 2011
    Haha, I'd believe it. People close to me don't understand why it is mentally impossible to come up with the strength to even edit shots that I don't like, yet alone post them anywhere, but it's a photographer thing I guess. We're all hyper-critical about our photos, but I guess it's that criticism that we impose on ourselves that separate the regular snapshot photographer from the dilettante, or the pros.
    edited April 4, 2011
    BigK wrote: »
    Haha, I'd believe it. People close to me don't understand why it is mentally impossible to come up with the strength to even edit shots that I don't like, yet alone post them anywhere, but it's a photographer thing I guess. We're all hyper-critical about our photos, but I guess it's that criticism that we impose on ourselves that separate the regular snapshot photographer from the dilettante, or the pros.

Actually mine stems from me being somewhat of a perfectionist in life, I only want to edit the ones i think are perfectly sharp and in focus. Sometimes I start to work on cleaning up some photos a little, and then as i work on it, certain parts start to.. 'be more obvious' to my eye, like i'll see some section down in the middle that's slightly out of focus that i didn't see before starting work, and abandon it and move to another. I'm weird I guess x,x I went to a park the other day and have about 600 shots on my hard drive i don't feel like showing to anyone..... *Shrug* Then there's the whole.. now I've done my dog in the flowers, so I have to come up with something equal to or better than that, since it was so well-recieved. I'm still thinking on what to do next.