Home Session - Baby Anya

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited April 4, 2011 in People
I did a home session this weekend. I know this gal from my husband's work. She's super talented and beautiful and is raising her babe on her own. From what I gather, the dad left them high and dry when she was pregnant. I cannot fathom the kind of person who would do that. Anyway, this mom is super inspiring and that baby is one of the happiest little people I've ever met.

Home sessions are such a fun test. You have to wrangle the right light amid a totally unpredictable environment. Without my usual trappings of activity (I specialize in family photojournalism), I looked for ways to tell their story in simple, sweet ways.

The teddy bear was mom's when she was a girl.
1239203152_9cLGL-M.jpg

I asked what they like to do together. "Make faces in mirrors." Use it!
1239203832_ZiHJy-M.jpg

Can't you just feel that love?
1239205148_TTMst-M.jpg

Little piggies good enough to eat.
1239200947_nRv7x-M.jpg

I want to eat those cheeks.
1239201354_4zcq6-M.jpg

C and C always welcome.

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Goodness she's a little angel....how can anyone in their right mind walk away from her.
    Close to my heart I must admit as I raised my two eldest on my own after their mother left when my youngest was just six months old. With a baby girl and a little boy I had to hit the ground running but I never looked back. My kids still to this day wish me a happy mothers day and fathers day...

These are a wee bit dark on my display but I love 'em all...the moments :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

Your shots just make me *happy* nod.gif

The only one I"m not 100% convinced by is the last one - I see what you were going for, but I keep trying to "turn it rightside up". Maybe with slightly funkier less "realistic" processing I won't keep trying to do that... or a tilt to put it between sideways and looking down? headscratch.gif I think the geometric of the pattern on the seat is adding to my confusion.... ne_nau.gif
  • MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    OMG these are so sweet. Amazing light -Love them.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Whats to critique? Pretty darned Happy photos!
    tom wise
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    Very heartwarming. All I can think is that Dad had some serious mental issues. Quite sad. Look what he's missing. :cry
    I especially love the piggies.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Z6IZ6I Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011