Options

Filter Question

b08rsab08rsa Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited April 18, 2011 in Technique
Living in the Cincinnati area during the spring time, often I have alot of overcast days to shoot outdoor soccer. Some shots come out decent, but I was wondering if some type of filter would bring more color out in a photograph. I also wonder if shooting in "Vivid" mode would help as well. I am open for suggestions. Thanks...

Ron
:scratch
Sony A7ii, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, Sony FE85mm f/1.8 Lens, Sony FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens, Godox 860iiS Flash.

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    post some samples...

i personally use vivid when i can and did a custom setting on my Nikon D90, dont do much sports anymore,
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    nik8tanik8ta Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 18, 2011
    b08rsa wrote: »
    Living in the Cincinnati area during the spring time, often I have alot of overcast days to shoot outdoor soccer. Some shots come out decent, but I was wondering if some type of filter would bring more color out in a photograph. I also wonder if shooting in "Vivid" mode would help as well. I am open for suggestions. Thanks...

Ron
    headscratch.gif

My solution: crank the saturation level and shoot in longer exposure (smaller aperture and slower shutter speed). There's nothing wrong with your camera, you just need to dedicate more time with it.