City Couple

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited April 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Took these at the sewage plant .. yuck!

1239625248_4ivE9-L.jpg

And when shooting through a fence .. well sometimes you get just fence :roflSo I didn't dump it, but decided to edited it.

1239625202_oMCtT-L.jpg

I will return when all the snow it gone and I can get closer. These ducks are always there .. winter or summer. I know there's a 'good' shot to be had here. Just need to keep working on it :D

Comments

• kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    So how did the ducks get inside the sewage treatment plant, especially the fenced-in part... are they... swimming in raw sewage? yuck indeed!
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    So how did the ducks get inside the sewage treatment plant, especially the fenced-in part... are they... swimming in raw sewage? yuck indeed!

The fence surrounds the whole sewage treatment plant area, but this area is the only open area (not an enclosed building) within the complex. So the birds just fly in and swim around. Not sure what kind of water is in there. I'm assuming it's 'ok' water since it's out in the open.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    That area in the plant is probably the final stages of reclamation, after clorination and longer detention time there just before being released to the ocean or used as reclaimed water for irrigation uses.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
    edited April 6, 2011
    OrvSal wrote: »
    That area in the plant is probably the final stages of reclamation, after clorination and longer detention time there just before being released to the ocean or used as reclaimed water for irrigation uses.

It does go out into the river that's across the street so this is probably that last step till it's released.

Thank-you for the information. I was hoping someone would know :D
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    A strange place to take up residence.....When they get hungry they will probably move on.....:D I worked at a waste water treatment plant for awhile. I hope I don't fall in ...went thru my mind......rolleyes1.gif

If you go back maybe they will let you inside....
    edited April 6, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    A strange place to take up residence.....When they get hungry they will probably move on.....:D I worked at a waste water treatment plant for awhile. I hope I don't fall in ...went thru my mind......rolleyes1.gif

If you go back maybe they will let you inside....

I'd not want to fall in there either rolleyes1.gif

I toured this place when I was in elementery school long ago. I'll have to ask if I can walk around in there since the ice formations during the winter are awesome.