Gotta tell ya

ltdesignphotovideoltdesignphotovideo Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited September 29, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
(If this needs to be moved, go for it. I couldn't figure out where to put it.)

I gotta tell ya, since I found Dgrin online and joined, I have learned SOOOOOO MUCH from just watching, reading and communicating with all the photogs here. This is a great place to really hone skills. I love it. You guys are awesome. I was looking through some old photos on mine and comparing them to the ones I'm taking now and it's like a night and day difference. I don't have any to show but I had to share this with everybody. Hopefully, due to my intense practice and research, I will be the great photog I want to be one day. I really would love to quit my normal 9-6 job and work as a freelancer in graphic design and photography one day. Either that or have my own company. I'm a year our of art school and have only been doing photography for about 3 years and I'm amazed at how far I've come in such a short amount of time. I'm glad I found Dgrin. Also, I will have my website completed and up and running sometime within the next few weeks. I will let everyone know when I get it going. I'm having to build it in Flash MX so it's taking a little while. Anyway, ROCK ON!!!!
:drums
Lindsay Thompson
www.grafxcreative.com

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2005
    Way to go! thumb.gif

It's good to have aspirations. Keep plugging away at it and I'm sure you'll get there.

Like you, I've found this forum to be very helpful. Sometimes I even contemplate changing careers. I love photography that much. But, I know that I have a VERY LONG way to go to get consistently good images. And, there are difficult day-to-day aspects just like any other job.

I've read about others that have made the "switch" and many end up going back to their regular careers. So make sure you have a safety net before you go to far out on a limb.

Like anything else, a bit of skill and ambition can take you a long way.

Erich